The Hypothermia Prevention Program is a partnership among Fairfax County government, adult shelters, and various faith, volunteer and civic organizations. Individuals in need of shelter during this time should contact the nearest adult shelter to make arrangements for shelter in one of the hypothermia shelter sites. The No Turn Away policy will be in effect beginning November 1st.
· Bailey’s Crossroads Shelter (open Dec 1 - Mar 31) - 3525 Moncure Ave, Falls Church. Contact Jerrianne Anthony at email@example.com or (703) 820-7623.
· Embry Rucker Community Shelter (open Nov 1 - Mar 31) - 11975 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston. Contact Susan Alger at Susan.Alger@cornerstonesva.org or (703) 437-1975.
· Eleanor Kennedy Community Shelter (703) 799-0200 - 9155 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria (Ft. Belvoir). Contact Tonya Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (703) 799-0200.
· FACETS' Shelter (open Nov 23 - Mar 15) - Various locations around the county at faith community hosting sites. Contact Abby Dunner at ADunner@facetscares.org or (703) 352-5090.
· Cornerstones at North County building (Dec 1 - Mar 31) - 11484 Washington Plaza West, Reston. Contact Susan Alger at Susan.Alger@cornerstonesva.org or (703) 437-1975.
· New Hope Housing and Rising Hope UMC (Dec 1 - Mar 31) (703-799-0200) - 8220 Russell Road, Alexandria. Contact Tonya Golden at email@example.com or at (703) 799-0200.
· Friends of Falls Church Homeless Shelter (Nov 15 to Mar 31) (703-799-0200) - 217 Gordon Road, Falls Church. Contact Tonya Golden at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (703) 799-0200.
For families with children:
During business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), contact:
Coordinated Services Planning at 703-222-0880; TTY 703-803-7914.
A CSP representative will conduct an interview with the family to determine eligibility for shelter or other emergency services and make the necessary referrals.
After business hours:
After business hours, families with children in need of shelter should go directly to the nearest family shelter.