Contracts & Procurement Management
"Promoting Excellence in Human Services"
Our Mission: Contracts & Procurement Management supports human services partners in fulfilling their mission by obtaining and maintaining quality goods and services targeted to meet needs of County residents.
Our Vision: As Contracts & Procurement Management employees, we are:
> active participants in successful accomplishment of
Human Services departments' missions and goals,
> knowledgeable resources, adding value to the Human Services procurement, proces,
> a single point for contact for all Human Services contractual obligations efforts.
About Contracts & Procurement Management
The Contracts & Procurement Management business area is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality goods and human services contracted for by departments in Fairfax County human services.
The Contracts & Procurement Management (CPM) area supports development and administration of contractual agreements for provision of human services with public, non-profit, for profit, faith-based and other private providers. CPM develops solicitations and arranges for service delivery through competitive and non competitive contracts for eight human services departments. In FY 2014, the value of services handled by Contracts & Procurement Management will be approximately $150 million, provided via 1,144 contracts.
The Contracts & Procurement Management division directly administers independent purchase of service agreements for client-specific services for the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, the Department of Family Services and the Comprehensive Services Act for At Risk Youth program. CPM also administers delegated procurement responsibilities for competitive procurements under $50,000 for all eight human services agencies. For competitive procurements above $50,000 in value, CM coordinates with the Dept. of Purchase and Supply Management for the publication of the solicitation and contract award.
Staff monitors vendor performance for compliance with contractual provisions for performance outcomes and measures and reporting requirements. CPM works to ensure that contracts conform to legal requirements and accepted county, state and federal standards for purchasing services for the various funding mechanisms for the contractual services. Staff offers technical assistance to providers doing business with Fairfax County through development and delivery of training, provider forums, information exchanges, site visits and other supports. Staff work on program development, performance management and outcome measurements for community-based organizations and service providers.
Business support services are provided in the Pennino Building for more than 350 offices, residential and recreational facilities across Fairfax County.
Contracts & Procurement Management provides:
- Support through Vendor & Provider Relations with nearly 900 providers for over $150 million in purchased goods and services for Fairfax County residents.
- Assistance to eight Departments in Human Services for Program Development to identify the needs of the agency, develop requirements to provide the good or service, and identify measurable performance targets for program outcomes. Staff prepare solicitations and arrange for service delivery through various contracting mechanisms, both competitive and non-competitive.
- Contract administration and monitoring activities to ensure compliance with contracts performance measures, outcomes, deliverables and all regulations. Staff conduct surveys, evaluations and studies on client, consumer and customer satisfaction on services provided.
- Ongoing support throughout the contract lifecycle, including amending and or renegotiating the terms and conditions of contracts to ensure relevant goods or services are being provided as well as to maintain the quality of those goods and services.
- Purchasing of all goods, supplies, and services to include office furniture and equipment, vehicles, and hardware/software for Information Technology
Adobe Acrobat is required to view PDF files.
If you want information about county programs or services, please call 703-324-INFO for the county's 24 hour a day recorded information line. This citizen information line features over 200 recordings on government services.