Animal Shelter Donations
How to donate:
1. Bring donations to the Shelter at 4500 West Ox Road druing open business hours, Tuesday through Friday noon to 7 p.m. and Saturday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m..
2. Donate with the click of a button by visiting our Amazon Wish List.
3. Visit the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
Items the Shelter always needs:
- Paper towels
- Top loading cat carriers
- New Nylabones and Kong Toys
- Easy Walk harnesses
- Ziploc bags (gallon and quart size)
- Collapsible crates
- High efficiency laundry detergent
- Small animal supplies
- Dog and cat beds (new or gently used)
- Batteries (AA, AAA)
- Clay cat litter (non-clumping)
- Cat toys (new or gently used)
- Dry and wet cat food
- Gift cards - Target, pet stores, Best Buy, Wal-mart
- Timothy hay
- Small and bite-size dog treats
What happens to your donations?
Donations from the Wish List go directly to support Shelter animals, both at the Shelter and in our foster program. Items that we cannot use go to our wildlife rescue partners and our rescue partners.
Are there items you do not accept?
We do not accept fitted sheets, pillows, comforters, bedspreads or couch cushions. We cannot use these items and will just end up throwing them away.
We do not accept open medications.
Where can I leave donations when you are closed?
Please do NOT leave donations outside when the Shelter is closed; we only accept them during hours we are open.
Animal Friendly License Plates
Show your love for animals by purchasing an Animal Friendly License Plate from the Virginia DMV.
When you buy an Animal Friendly License Plate, the Shelter receives $15 for their spay/neuter program.
Your purchase may also be tax deductible.
The Animal Shelter always needs and appreciates your donations.