Additional Information and Resources
Fairfax County DTV Hotline: Contact the Fairfax County Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection (Communications Policy and Regulation Division) at 703-324-5900 (TTY 711) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information, answers to questions, or to request a speaker to provide information to a homeowners or civic association meeting or other large group.
In-Home DTV Assistance: Fairfax County’s Volunteer Solutions will provide volunteers to county residents who are: (1) Fairfax County residents; (2) age 60 years or older, or have a disability and are age 18 or older; (3) unable to install the converter box and cannot find help; and (4) have no television in the home that has a digital tuner or is connected to cable/satellite. To request a volunteer, call 703-324-7118 (TTY 703-449-1186) or e-mail Volunteer Solutions at DFSAAAvolunteer@fairfaxcounty.gov. Volunteer Solutions is a program of the Department of Family Services’ Division of Adult and Aging Services and the Fairfax Area Agency on Aging.
Newsletter Articles: Newsletter articles – one page, or with more detailed information in two pages – are available for community groups to use. These are available in English, Spanish, and Korean. Call the Fairfax County Department of Cable Communications and Consumer Protection (Communications Policy and Regulation Division) at 703-324-5900.
Other DTV Resources: Visit any of the following for further information.
- Federal Communications Commission: DTV.gov
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration: NTIA.doc.gov
- National Association of Broadcasters: DTVanswers.com
More information about the digital television transition is available on the following topics:
- Are All of the Televisions in the Household DTV-Prepared?
- Applying for $40 DTV Coupons
- Expired or Lost DTV $40 Coupons Can Now Be Replaced
- Purchasing a Converter Box
- Reviewing Converter Box Features
- Antennas and Reception Issues
- Cables or Other Equipment Needed?
- Portable and Large Projection TVs; S-Video and Composite A/V Cables
- Setting Up a Converter Box
- Channel-Selection Trouble-Shooting Guide
- Setting Up a VCR or DVD
- Recycling Older Televisions
- Alternative Formats
- Digital Transition Assistance for Older Adults and Adults with Disabilities