Applying For $40 DTV Coupons
The federal government is providing up to two $40 coupons per household. One coupon may be used per converter box. Nursing home residents may request one $40 coupon, using a special form when applying on-line or by mail.
Application Process and Deadlines: It takes less than two minutes to apply for a coupon. Provide a name and address, answer one question about the televisions in the household, and request either one or two coupons. Coupon(s) will arrive in 3-6 weeks and become invalid after 90 days. The last day to request a coupon is July 31, 2009, but applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
Checking on the Status of Applications: If the application for a converter box is approved, a reference number will be provided. Consumers may use the reference number to check on the status of their applications by going on-line to DTV2009.gov/CheckStatus.aspx
To apply for a $40 coupon redeemable towards the purchase of a digital-to-analog converter box, click on the below links:
- To Apply for a Coupon On-Line (English and Spanish)
- Application for Nursing Home Residents only
- To Print a Paper Application to Mail or Fax
- To Apply by Phone (in English or Spanish), Call:
1-877-530-2634 (TTY in English)
1-866-495-1161 (TTY in Spanish)
- To Apply and View Information in Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), French, Russian, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Korean, Cambodian, and Lao (see language information in the upper right-hand corner of the Web page)
More information about the digital television transition is available on the following topics:
- Are All of the Televisions in the Household DTV-Prepared?
- Expired or Lost DTV $40 Coupons Can Now Be Replaced
- Purchasing a Converter Box
- Reviewing Converter Box Features
- Antennas and Reception Issues
- Cables or Other Equipment Needed?
- Portable and Large Projection TVs; S-Video and Composite A/V Cables
- Setting Up a Converter Box
- Channel-Selection Trouble-Shooting Guide
- Setting Up a VCR or DVD
- Recycling Older Televisions
- Additional Information and Resources
- Alternative Formats
- Digital Transition Assistance for Older Adults and Adults with Disabilities