Fairfax Connector Data for Developers in GTFS Format
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS)?
- GTFS is a widely used “open” format for transit data. Any user acknowledging and agreeing to the terms and conditions below can download GTFS-formatted data to develop an application.
Why is the data published in GTFS format?
- Using the GTFS format allows Fairfax County to provide this information to potential users in the most widely used format for transit data.
Does Fairfax County provide technical support?
- No. The county does not have the resources to offer technical support.
When will the data be revised or updated?
- There is no set schedule for revisions or updates to the data. However, Fairfax County frequently makes changes to Fairfax Connector service. To stay informed of data changes you should monitor the Fairfax Connector web site. In addition, the county recommends that users subscribe to the Fairfax Connector e-mail listserv and RSS feed to receive Fairfax Connector news.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF LICENSE AGREEMENT TO USE TRANSPORTATION DATA
The Government of Fairfax County, Virginia (hereinafter "Fairfax County" or "County"), owns certain data pertaining to the Fairfax Connector transportation service, and Fairfax County is offering persons a license to use that Fairfax Connector service data. That information is being provided in the General Transit Feed Specifications (GTFS) open format. By accessing, downloading, reviewing, or using this data, you, together with any person acting on your behalf, acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions of this license agreement:
- This data is being provided on an “as is” and "as available" basis. While Fairfax County strives to provide the best data possible, the county makes no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind concerning the accuracy or availability of the data being provided, and the county reserves the right to modify and/or discontinue this service.
- This data being is provided for the exclusive purposes of assisting mass transit users, promoting the use of mass transit services, and providing transportation-related information.
- Fairfax County and the Fairfax Connector, together with any persons acting on behalf of the county or the Fairfax Connector, shall not be liable for direct or indirect claims or damages relating to the use of the data.
- Fairfax County reserves the right to institute changes to Fairfax Connector service, and the county frequently makes such changes to that transit service and to the transportation data that is provided. The county makes no guarantee about the availability of new, revised, or updated data. It is incumbent upon persons who access, download, or review the data to check frequently for new, revised, or updated data.
- Whenever Fairfax Connector data is used or provided, the person using or providing such information shall clearly display the statement: “Visit fairfaxconnector.com for more information,” and that statement shall include or be accompanied by a hyperlink or reference to the Fairfax Connector website, which is http://www.fairfaxconnector.com.
- Use of any data provided by Fairfax County shall not be deemed or construed to establish any business relationship between any person who accesses, downloads, or otherwise uses this data and Fairfax County, the Fairfax Connector, and persons working on behalf of the county or the Fairfax Connector.
- The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall govern all rights and obligations that arise under this license agreement without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provisions that would otherwise result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdictions.