Fairfax Connector Implements Service Changes on Five Routes
November 16, 2009
Starting Sunday, Nov. 22, Fairfax Connector will be adding additional trips, adjusting schedules, creating Route 402 and consolidating 10 bus stops as an effort to better serve passenger needs and improve the on-time performance of existing routes. The affected routes include: 401, 621, 622, 623 and 950. 10 bus stops are also being consolidated. Most of the bus stops are along Elden Street in Herndon on Route 950.
Fairfax Connector is making the following changes:
Routes 401 and NEW 402:
- Existing northbound Route 401 will remain as Route 401
- Existing southbound Route 401 will become NEW Route 402
- Peak (rush) hour service headways for both routes is increased to 15 minutes
- Off-peak service weekdays and weekends for both routes will be 30 minutes
- Additional early morning and late trips
- Service on weekdays is extended to Tysons West*Park Transit Station
- Service added to John Marr Drive in Annandale
Routes 621, 622 and 623
- A general adjustment to schedules of all three routes
- Additional AM and PM trips on Routes 622 and 623
- The addition of service to Routes 621 and 622 along Fields Brigade Road and Meadow Field Drive off of Monument Drive
- Later evening service on Route 621
- Increase service to 15 minute headways along the entire route from 5:30 – 9 a.m. and 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Earlier morning and later even trips are added to the schedule.
For additional information, visit www.fairfaxconnector.com.
For information about this news item, contact Ellen Kamilakis at 703-877-5606, TTY 711.