Parking Alternatives For Commuters Impacted by Reston East Park and Ride Closure
October 28, 2010
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) recommends Fairfax Connector passengers and other commuters utilize three Reston area park and ride lots starting November 28, 2010 to mitigate the loss of up to 200 spaces from the partial closure of the Reston East Park and Ride.
- Located at 2531 Reston Parkway (Reston Parkway at Lawyers Road)
- Proposed plan includes doubling the number of trips to and from West Falls Church Metro Station via Route 585 starting Nov. 29
- 412 total parking spaces
- Served by Fairfax Connector routes 553, 557 and 585
- Located at 11300 Sunset Hills Road (Sunset Hills Road at Wiehle Avenue)
- Proposed plan includes shifting routes 595 and 597 to Reston North starting Nov. 29
- 341 total parking spaces
Baron Cameron Park
- 11300 Baron Cameron Avenue (Baron Cameron Avenue at Wiehle Avenue)
- 50 total parking spaces
- Served by Fairfax Connector Route 554 on Wiehle Avenue
For up-to-date information about parking or travel options, commuters who use Reston East are encouraged to:
- Check the Fairfax Connector Web site for updates
- Sign up for emailed announcements from ConnectorInfo ListServ
- Call the Reston East Park and Ride hotline at 703-877-5700, TTY 711.
For information about this news item, visit www.fairfaxconnector.com or call Ellen Kamilakis at 703-877-5606, TTY 711.