Fairfax Connector Implements Changes on Ten Routes
January 9, 2012
Effective Saturday, January 14, 2012, Fairfax Connector will modify 10 routes to better serve passenger needs and improve the on-time performance of existing routes. The affected routes include: 101, 171, 304, 305, 306, 333, 334, 335, 623 and 652.
Following is a summary of the changes:
- Minor adjustment of departure times to improve on-time performance.
- Schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance.
- Time points added and running times adjusted to improve on-time performance.
- Matched routing changes made by WMATA to Metrobus routes 17A and 17B. Routing of mid-day service changed and Landmark Mall service discontinued.
- Adjusted schedule to relieve congestion at Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station bus bay.
- Adjusted schedule to relieve congestion at Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station bus bay. Added two late trips to serve students at NVCC Medical College.
- Adjusted 5:43 a.m. westbound trip to 5:48 a.m. to provide better spacing of early morning departures at Vienna Metro.
- Adjusted 4:16 p.m. westbound trip to 4:10 p.m. to improve on-time performance.
For information about this news item, call Ellen Kamilakis at 703-877-5606, TTY 711.