Fairfax Connector Implements Changes on Thirteen Routes
June 19, 2012
Effective Saturday, June 30, 2012, Fairfax Connector will modify 13 routes and create a new route 981 from Tysons West*Park Transit Station to Dulles International Airport. Modifications to existing routes are being made to better serve passenger needs and improve on-time performance. The affected routes include: 101, 151, 159, 171, 335, 395, 402, 924, 926, 929, 950, RIBS 3, RIBS 4, RIBS 5 and a new route 981.
Following is a summary of the changes:
New Route 981
- New route serving Dulles International Airport from Tysons West*Park Transit Station, with stops at Reston Town Center Transit Station and Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride.
- Schedule adjustment to midday and Saturday service; increase from every hour to every 30 minutes; adjustments of some early morning and evening trips to be timed more closely with Metrorail.
- Schedule adjustment to rush-hour service. Increase frequency (in commute direction) to every 20 minutes on weekdays.
- Schedule adjustments to improve weekday on-time performance.
- Schedule, routing and fare adjustments to improve on-time performance, increase ridership, and expand service on Fort Belvoir; routing change to serve 21st street on Fort Belvoir, no longer serving the hospital, will serve every bus stop off-Post in commute direction; reduction to base fare.
- Schedule adjustment for morning service; (6:30 – 7:15 a.m.); adjust 5:50 p.m. trip to depart at 5:55 p.m.
- Routing and schedule adjustments to serve Inova Fairfax Hospital’s transit center.
- Schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance.
- Schedule adjustment of trips before 7 a.m. to improve weekday on-time performance.
- Schedule and routing adjustments to allow only right-hand turns through Reston Hospital Center.
- Schedule elimination of Sunday 10:05 a.m. and 5:05 p.m. trips to improve on-time performance.
- Schedule adjustment on Sunday to improve on-time performance.
For information about this news item, visit www.fairfaxconnector.com or call Beth Francis at 703-877-5602, TTY 711.