Public Meetings Scheduled to Discuss Fairfax Connector Service Changes
July 16, 2012
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) will hold two public meetings on July 18 and 28 to discuss proposed Fairfax Connector service changes. The meetings will provide information regarding the upcoming September changes, including schedule and routing adjustments to seven existing routes. Routes affected include: 231, 232, 304, 333, 334, 395 and 927.
The meeting schedule is:
Wednesday, July 18 at 7 p.m.
Springfield Governmental Center: 6140 Rolling Road, Springfield
Transit: Fairfax Connector Route 310 and Metrobus 18 G/H/P
Saturday, July 28 at 1 p.m.
South County Government Center: 8350 Richmond Highway, Alexandria
Transit: Fairfax Connector Route 171 and Metrobus REX
Proposed route changes include:
- Eliminate service to the Landsdowne and Island Creek neighborhoods along Morning View and View Lane after 6:45 a.m. Route 335 will serve the neighborhoods after 6:45 a.m.
- Eliminate service to the Landsdowne and Island Creek neighborhoods along Morning View and View Lane before 6 p.m. Route 335 will serve the neighborhoods before 6 p.m.
- Modification to routing eliminating connection to Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station. Serving Lorton VRE, Saratoga Park and Ride, Boston Boulevard, Patriot Ridge, Alban Road.
- Modification to routing and schedule to serve Patriot Ridge, NGA, Saratoga Park and Ride and Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station.
- Modification to routing and schedule to serve NVCC Medical College, DLA and Gateway 95.
- Schedule will not change for passengers at the Gambrill Road Park and Ride. Trips in the morning will start from the Saratoga Park and Ride, scheduled to be completed in October 2012.
- Widen headways to improve safety and on-time performance.
For additional information, visit www.fairfaxconnector.com.
For information about this news item, call Ellen Kamilakis at 703-877-5606, TTY 711.