Fairfax Connector Implements Changes Jan. 14
January 10, 2013
Effective Monday, January 14, 2013, Fairfax Connector will add three routes, modify two existing routes and eliminate one route to better serve passenger needs and improve on-time performance. The new routes are 372, 373 and 394; the modified routes are 333 and 371; the eliminated route is 304.
These bus service changes will provide express bus service from the Saratoga Park and Ride and Saratoga neighborhood to the Pentagon (new Route 394); provide local bus service from the Saratoga Park and Ride to the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station (modified Route 333); and maintain bus service along segments that would have been otherwise eliminated due to the adjustments (new routes 372 and 373). Detailed route changes:
- Route 304: Route eliminated and service replaced by new routes: 372 and 394 (see below).
- Route 333: Modify route to provide bus service to the new Saratoga Park and Ride and the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station.
- Route 371: Modify service provided in the early morning, mid-day, evening and weekends. Rush hour service will be provided by Route 372 and Route 373.
- Route 372: New rush hour service provides new service along Alban Road and Backlick Road to link the Lorton Virginia Railway Express (VRE) Station to the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station. This route replaces Route 304 along Alban Road.
- Route 373: New rush hour service along Rolling Road, Fullerton Road and Boston Boulevard to link the Lorton VRE Station to the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station.
- Route 394: New peak, express service from the Saratoga Park and Ride to the Pentagon Metrorail Station. One-way fare is $5.35 cash or SmarTrip®. This route replaces Route 304 service in the Saratoga neighborhood.
For information about this news item, visit www.fairfaxconnector.com or call Ellen Kamilakis at 703-877-5606, TTY 711.