Fairfax Connector Implements Changes March 18
March 13, 2013
Effective Monday, March 18, 2013, Fairfax Connector will start two new express routes, modify three existing routes and increase the number of bus stops served on an existing route. Modifications are being made to better serve passenger needs and improve on-time performance. Routes affected are: 333, 334, 372, 493 (F, G, J, M), 494 (F, G, J, M) and 495 (F, G, J, M).
The new express routes are Route 493 (F, G, J, M) from Lorton VRE Station and Saratoga Park and Ride to Tysons, and Route 494 (F, G, J, M) from Franconia-Springfield Metro Station and Greater Springfield to Tysons. Bus routes will use the 495 Express Lanes and have four circulations, serving many major employers in the Tysons area. An express fare of $3.65 SmarTrip® or $4 cash applies. An introductory free ride period is in effect between March 18 and April 12 for the two new express routes (493 and 494).
- Route 493: Lorton VRE and Saratoga Park and Ride to Tysons
- Route 494: Franconia-Springfield Metro Station to Tysons
- Route 333: Modifies routing to use the Franconia-Springfield Parkway during rush hour, reducing travel time and improving on-time performance.
- Route 334: Modified morning routing to travel southbound along Cinder Bed Road and northbound along Fairfax County Parkway; and afternoon routing to travel southbound along the Fairfax County Parkway and northbound along Cinder Bed Road.
- Route 372: Adds rush-hour service to the Patriot Ridge Office Campus on morning southbound trips and afternoon northbound trips.
- Route 495 (F, G, J, M): Adds service to all bus stops along route between Burke VRE Station and Wakefield Chapel Road.
For information about this news item, visit www.fairfaxconnector.com or call Ellen Kamilakis at 703-877-5606, TTY 711.