Check Out the Free Student Bus Pass Pilot Program!
August 27, 2015
Students: Get where you need to go – FAST and FREE!
Did you know that you can now sign-up for the Free Student Bus Pass Pilot Program at all Fairfax County High Schools and Middle Schools and ride the Fairfax Connector for free? You can check for more information at your school’s administration office; you need to have your parent’s/guardian’s approval for signing up. For more info on the program, check out Elizabeth’s journey on the Connector!
- For route and schedule information, contact Fairfax Connector Customer Service at 703-339-7200, TTY 711, or email@example.com.
- For pass distribution information, check with your school's administration or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Update: FCDOT provided a program update to the Fairfax County Board Transportation Committee on May 24, 2016.
3 Things to Remember - Applying For Your Free Pass
- The free student bus pass permits students to ride Fairfax Connector for free from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Students must contact their school's administration office to get the appropriate forms to sign up.
- Parental/guardian consent is required for this program (this is a requirement of FCPS; Fairfax County Government does not distribute consent forms.)
Tips for Riding Fairfax Connector
- Have your student pass out and ready to show the driver when you board the bus.
- Your Free Student Pass will only work on Fairfax Connector. If you switch to Metro or another bus system you will need cash or a SmarTrip® card.
- Your pass works Monday through Friday ONLY from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Other times you will need cash or a SmarTrip® card.
- Another important thing to remember is to give respect to get respect. It’s important to be kind to other riders, especially those with special needs. There are seats designed just for them so try to avoid sitting there.
- If you get lost or turned around, the Fairfax Connector drivers are great! Just tell them you need help and they will help you.
Fairfax County Transportation Media Contact
Anna K. Nissinen, Public Information Officer
Direct: 703-877-5606, TTY 711
Cell: 571-446-9940, TTY 711
Media Pager: 703-324-NEWS (6397) (non-business hours)