Public Input Sought on Proposed Fairfax Connector Service Changes
April 6, 2017
Service changes on select Fairfax Connector routes are proposed for implementation in June 2017 to enhance the customer experience through increased on-time performance, improved service reliability and reduced crowding.
Routes included in the June 2017 service change proposal are 231, 232, 301, 305, 321, 322, 333, and 551.
**View all proposed changes by route**
- Provide more frequent trips and earlier/later service on Routes 321 and 322.
- Eliminate Bland Street stop on Routes 321 and 322.
- Eliminate Route 333 and replace service with new Routes 340 and 341.
- Minor schedule revisions to Route 551 to address morning and afternoon crowding issues related to ridership to and from South Lakes High School.
We Want to Hear From You! Opportunities for Public Comment
**Public comments and feedback will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2017.**
There are 3 easy ways for the public to provide feedback and comments:
- Submit your comments online.
- Attend one of the outreach event scheduled for April 19 and April 20, 2017.
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 711.
Fairfax Connector will host two outreach events to explain the proposed changes; answer questions; and take comments from the public:
Wednesday, April 19, 2017; 6 - 8 p.m. (7 p.m. presentation)
- Bren Mar Park Elementary School Cafeteria
- 6344 Beryl Rd, Alexandria
- Transit access: Fairfax Connector 321, 322
Thursday, April 20, 2017; 6 - 8 p.m.
- Laurel Hill Elementary School
- 8390 Laurel Crest Dr, Lorton
- Transit access: Fairfax Connector 305, 373
Route 231/232 – Kingstowne Circulator
- Schedule revisions to improve transfers with routes 321, 322 and 373.
Route 301 – Telegraph Road
- Minor schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance.
Route 305 – Newington Forest – Silverbrook Road
- Eliminate service between the intersection of Silverbrook Road and Southrun Road extending south to Lorton VRE station; the route will terminate at Village Shops Drive.
- Alternative service on this segment is provided by routes 371 and 373.
Route 321/322 – Greater Springfield Circulator
- Eliminate Bland Street stop.
Weekday service improvements:
- More frequent trips during peak-hours (every 20 minutes); midday (every 30 minutes); and evening hours (every 60 minutes).
- Service hours extended to 11:30 p.m.
Weekend service improvements:
- More frequent trips on Saturdays (every 30 minute during peak-hours and every 60 minute during off-peak).
- Service hours extended to 11:30 p.m. on Saturdays and to 11 p.m. on Sundays.
Route 333 – Patriot Ridge – Saratoga
- Establish Routes 340 and 341 to replace Route 333. See map for the proposed routing information.
- Route 340 would operate during the midday and early evening hours while Route 341 trips would provide peak-period service.
Route 334 – Newington Circulator
- Minor schedule adjustments to align service with new Routes 340 and 341.
Route 551 – South Lakes
- Minor schedule adjustments to address crowding issues associated with ridership to and from South Lakes High School.
For More Information on Fairfax Connector Service
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608 (Monday - Friday, 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
- Visit a Connector Store
- Follow us on Twitter & Facebook