Fairfax Connector Service Advisories
Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride Pedestrian and Vehicle Access
- Effective June 13, 2017
- Due to construction at the Herndon-Monroe Garage, overnight closures of the main entrance will be in effect from 9 p.m. - 5 a.m.
- Overnight access to the garage will still be available; please use caution and follow police directions, flaggers and/or signage at the site.
- Daytime access to the main entrance will not be affected.
Work is expected to last approximately three weeks.
- Effective April 17, 2017
- Work in multiple locations on the first floor of the Herndon-Monroe Garage will result in new traffic patterns for slug line and kiss and ride users.
- Construction is scheduled to conclude on or about June 9.
- Click on the image below for more information and to expand the map.
- Effective January 25, 2017
- Due to water line work beneath the station garage access road, vehicles may be restricted to one lane in both directions between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Drivers should be aware of shifting traffic patterns, cones and barrels, and watch for flaggers directing traffic.
- Pedestrians should continue to use the temporary sidewalk.
This project is expected to last approximately one month.
- Effective January 18, 2017
- The sidewalk adjacent to the old surface lot will be closed until the new garage is completed.
- Vehicle access will be restricted to one lane into the complex.
- Pedestrians should use the temporary sidewalk for the duration of the project. Click on the image below to enlarge.
Please also see the
Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project announcement regarding work
on Sunrise Valley Drive.
Herndon-Monroe Bus Bay Relocation
- Effective August 1, 2016
- Due to Silver Line Phase 2 construction, bus bay locations will be shifted as shown on the relocation map.
- This construction project is managed by Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project. Please contact the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project for information about Silver Line Phase 2 or to report construction emergencies.
- Effective April 28, 2017
- To accommodate upcoming platform extension construction activities, an aisle of parking will be closed - including six ADA parking spaces. These spaces will be relocated next to the crosswalk across from the station entrance.
- Full announcement and map
- Effective February 10, 2017
- Due to pipeline construction, stops on Jones Branch Drive will be missed.
- Customers can board at the intersection of Jones Branch Drive and Lincoln Center Court or at 7925 Jones Branch Drive.
- Update Feb. 24: Passengers now may also board on eastbound Jones Branch Drive near the intersection of Westbranch Drive.
- View map of Jones Branch Drive with boarding locations.
We use @ffxconnector for detours, updates and conversations to answer your questions.