Fairfax Connector Service Advisories
Franconia-Springfield Bus Bay Relocation
- Effective August 12, 2016
- Connector Buses will use Bays E-L
- This construction project was managed by Metro. Please contact Metro for more information about these changes and the bus bay project.
Effective October 31, 2016, the surface lot of the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride will be closed for construction.
- The Kiss & Ride area and Slugline Pick-up will be relocated to Level 1 of the parking garage.
- New traffic patterns will be in effect. Click on the image to enlarge.
Herndon-Monroe Bus Bay Relocation
- Effective August 1, 2016
- Due to Silver Line Phase 2 construction, bus bay locations will be shifted as shown on the relocation map.
- This construction project is managed by Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project. Please contact the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project for information about Silver Line Phase 2 or to report construction emergencies.
- Effective Thursday, November 3, 2016
To help relieve overcrowding on Route 395, Fairfax Connector will run extra trips on an as-needed basis. These “load and go” buses will not have a schedule but will run:
- From Gambrill Road Park and Ride directly to the Pentagon (bypassing Backlick North Park and Ride) mornings from 5:38 a.m. to approximately 8 a.m.
- From the Pentagon directly to Backlick North Park and Ride afternoons from 3:55 p.m. to approximately 6:35 p.m. The destination signs for these buses will be marked “Backlick P&R Only” and will *not* serve Gambrill Road Park and Ride.
- Customers returning to Gambrill Road should use a regularly-scheduled bus marked “395 Gambrill Rd.”
- Effective Sunday, October 23, 2016
Stops currently located at Prosperity Avenue and Station
Street (both eastbound and westbound) will be
eliminated. Please use the closest stop located on Avenir
- Effective January 5, 2016
- Buses will not serve the stops along Galleria Drive between Westpark Drive and Tysons Boulevard due to travel lane merge conflicts during weekday rush hours, 5:30 to 9 a.m. and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Passengers can board and exit buses at the Tysons Corner Metro station along Tysons Boulevard at Galleria Drive
- Effective October 11, 2016
- To address a minor scheduling issue, the trip previously scheduled to leave the Vienna Metrorail Station at 7:50 a.m. will now depart 5 minutes earlier at 7:45 a.m.
- View flyer for the 466 advisory
- Effective Monday, November 14, 2016
- The stop at Blake Lane and Sugar Lane will be relocated one block to the west, near the intersection of Blake Lane and Platten Drive.
We use @ffxconnector for detours, updates and conversations to answer your questions.