Fairfax Connector Service Advisories
Herndon-Monroe Pedestrian and Vehicle Access
- Effective January 18, 2017
- The sidewalk adjacent to the old surface lot will be closed until the new garage is completed.
- Vehicle access will be restricted to one lane into the complex.
- Pedestrians should use the temporary sidewalk for the duration of the project. Click on the image below to enlarge.
- Please also see the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project announcement regarding work on Sunrise Valley Drive.
Herndon-Monroe Parking Garage Elevator Repair
Effective December 12, 2016, the elevator at the Herndon-Monroe Parking Garage will be out of service for repairs. The projected completion date is mid-March 2017.
Effective October 31, 2016, the surface lot of the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride will be closed for construction.
- The Kiss & Ride area and Slugline Pick-up will be relocated to Level 1 of the parking garage.
- New traffic patterns will be in effect. Click on the image to enlarge.
Herndon-Monroe Bus Bay Relocation
- Effective August 1, 2016
- Due to Silver Line Phase 2 construction, bus bay locations will be shifted as shown on the relocation map.
- This construction project is managed by Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project. Please contact the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project for information about Silver Line Phase 2 or to report construction emergencies.
Route 306 - Inauguration Day
- Effective January 20, 2017
- The Pentagon Transit Center will be closed on Inauguration Day and Fairfax Connector will be operating a Holiday weekday service schedule.
- Route 306 will detour to Bus Bay D at Pentagon City, which is located at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City on the west side of South Hayes Street, south of South 12th Street.
- The detour is scheduled for 4 a.m. to midnight, or until the Pentagon Tansit Center reopens.
- For information about regional transit, visit the Washington Area Metro Transit Authority.
We use @ffxconnector for detours, updates and conversations to answer your questions.