Fairfax Connector Service Advisories
Service Disruption Alert: Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride Bus Loop
Effective 10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 21 – 4 a.m., Tuesday, Aug. 22 and
10 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 23 – 4 a.m., Thursday, Aug 23, 2017
Due to installation of pedestrian bridges at the Metrorail Silver Line’s Herndon Station, the bus loop and bus bays at the Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride will be closed.
- Fairfax Connector passenger pick-up and drop-off for Routes 551, 937, 950 and 981 will be on Sunrise Valley Drive (at the intersection of Roark Drive).
- Metrobus 5A will bypass Herndon-Monroe and pick-up and drop-off passengers at Reston Town Center Transit Station, Bus Bay F.
- The parking garage will remain OPEN.
- This construction work is weather dependent and dates may change.
- This project is managed by the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project. For construction-related issues, contact the emergency hotline at 844-385-7245.
- Click on the image below for a printable version of this announement.
- Effective January 18, 2017
- The sidewalk adjacent to the old surface lot will be closed until the new garage is completed.
- Vehicle access will be restricted to one lane into the complex.
- Pedestrians should use the temporary sidewalk for the duration of the project. Click on the image below to enlarge.
Please also see the
Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project announcement regarding work
on Sunrise Valley Drive.
Herndon-Monroe Bus Bay Relocation
- Effective August 1, 2016
- Due to Silver Line Phase 2 construction, bus bay locations will be shifted as shown on the relocation map.
- This construction project is managed by Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project. Please contact the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project for information about Silver Line Phase 2 or to report construction emergencies.
- Effective April 28, 2017
- To accommodate upcoming platform extension construction activities, an aisle of parking will be closed - including six ADA parking spaces. These spaces will be relocated next to the crosswalk across from the station entrance.
- Full announcement and map
- Effective July 25 - September 30, 2017
- The Grand Stairs at Reston Station will be closed from late July through the end of September (dates approximate).
- Repairs include new tiles on the landings and improvements to the drainage system.
- Customers should use the ADA elevator adjacent to the stairs to access Wiehle Metro Plaza from Reston Station Boulevard.
- Effective February 10, 2017
- Due to pipeline construction, stops on Jones Branch Drive will be missed.
- Customers can board at the intersection of Jones Branch Drive and Lincoln Center Court or at 7925 Jones Branch Drive.
- Update Feb. 24: Passengers now may also board on eastbound Jones Branch Drive near the intersection of Westbranch Drive.
- View map of Jones Branch Drive with boarding locations.
We use @ffxconnector for detours, updates and conversations to answer your questions.