Reston East Park and Ride to be Impacted by Garage Construction
Check this page often for updates!
- Sunset Hills Park and Ride opened April 3, 2011
- Reston East Park and Ride permanently closed April 3, 2011.
- Reston East is the location of the future parking garage for the Wiehle Avenue Metrorail station.
- Stay informed:
April 4, 2011 Update:
- View Ask Fairfax! Online Chat Transcript
- View Baron Cameron Park and Ride map
- Staff Ambassadors to be on-site to answer questions at Reston East, West Falls Church Metro and Sunset Hills
- How do I get from Reston East to Reston South?
- How do I get from Reston East to Sunset Hills?
- What are my options? (Postcard sent to Reston households)
- New Route 555 schedule now online
- View Reston East frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- On Apr. 3, minor schedule changes will take effect for routes 505, 551, 552, 554 and 557. Updated schedules online!
- Reston East , 6 - 9 a.m.: Apr. 4 - 8
- Reston East , 6 - 9 a.m.: Mar. 9, 16, 23, 28 - 31, Apr. 1, 4 - 8
- West Falls Church, 4 - 7 p.m.: Mar. 8, 15, 22, 28 - 31, Apr. 1, 4 - 8
Recommended Alternative Parking Options
- Sunset Hills Park and Ride
South Park and Ride
- How do I get there from Reston East?
- View trip frequency schedule (page 2)
- Located at 2531 Reston Parkway (Reston Parkway at Lawyers Road)
- Number of trips recently doubled to and from West Falls Church Metro Station via Route 585.
- 412 total parking spaces
- Served by Fairfax Connector routes 553, 557 and 585
- Reston North Park and Ride
- 11300 Baron Cameron Avenue (Baron Cameron Avenue at Wiehle Avenue)
- 50 total parking spaces
- Served by Fairfax Connector Route 554 on Wiehle Avenue
News Release Archive
- Reston East Park and Ride to Close Apr. 3; Sunset Hills Park and Ride to Open Apr. 3 (March 30, 2011)
- Reston East Park and Ride to Begin Closing in Stages Feb. 25 (February 22, 2011)
- Public Meeting Scheduled about Closing of Reston East Park and Ride (January 25, 2011)
- Rail Construction to Impact Parking at Reston East Park and Ride (September 30, 2010)
- Public Meeting Scheduled for Proposed Changes to Fairfax Connector Routes 585, 595 and 597 and the Reston East Park and Ride Closure (October 18, 2010)
- Parking Alternatives for Commuters Impacted by Reston East Park and Ride Closure (October 28, 2010)
- Fairfax County Park and Rides - bird's eye and graphic maps, bus routes, capacity and parking
- www.dullesmetro.com - Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project