Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Reston East Park and Ride Closure
- What's happening to my bus?
- How many spaces does the new Sunset Hills lot contain?
- What's the frequency of service at the new Sunset Hills lot?
- What Fairfax Connector bus routes will serve the new Sunset Hills lot?
- Will the new Sunset Hills lot stay open when rail opens?
- What will happen to my Fairfax Connector bus route when rail comes?
The schedules for routes 551, 552, 554 and 557 are being modified to remove service from Reston East Park and Ride. Please see individual route schedules for details. The routes will bypass Reston East and proceed directly to West Falls Church Metrorail Station. Those routes will NOT serve the new Sunset Hills Park and Ride lot.
The new Sunset Hills Park and Ride will contain approximately 600 spaces.
In the AM and PM peak periods, the frequency of Fairfax Connector bus service will be approximately every 10 minutes.
A new Route 555, which will provide direct service between the new Sunset Hills Park and Ride lot and West Falls Church Metrorail Station. Route 505 will also provide service to the new Sunset Hills lot.
No. The Sunset Hills lot will close when the new Wiehle Metrorail Station parking garage opens, anticipated to be in late 2013.
There will be significant service changes to all Fairfax Connector bus routes when rail opens. The Fairfax County Transit Development Plan (TDP) details the proposal for augmented bus service upon opening of rail. The Fairfax County Department of Transportation will be engaging with the public in 2012 to elicit comments on the proposed service plan. View the TDP for detailed information on the draft plan.