Dulles Rail Bus Service Plan Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Are the bus service changes in the Dulles Rail plan final yet?
- If I cannot attend one of the public meetings, how can I make a comment about the proposed changes?
- When will the changes take effect?
- I currently ride the Orange Line downtown, with the new Silver Line, will I still be able to take the Metro downtown?
- I've never taken a bus before, where can I find information on what I should expect?
- Once the service starts, how can I find the best bus route to take to the Metro?
No; we had a series of public engagement opportunities where we discussed all the proposed changes. We continue to listen to all comments on our service plan and refine the plan where appropriate. We will present a revised plan during the second phase of our public outreach period, which will begin in late March or early April. The final plan ultimately requires Board approval.
Comments regarding the proposed changes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call 703-877-5600, TTY 711.
Changes are expected to take effect in Winter 2013. They will coincide with the start of operations for the new Silver Line.
Yes; the Silver Line will run to downtown Washington and all the way out to Largo Town Center.
Welcome! Visit our new rider tutorial to get answers to all of your new rider questions.
WMATA provides an online Trip Planner, which provides information on Fairfax Connector service, in addition to Metrorail and Metrobus. The Trip Planner can be found here. The Trip Planner will provide you with the best option for travel.