Consumer Protection Commission
Thirteen commissioners are appointed by the Board of Supervisors to three-year terms. At least seven are consumers not actively engaged in business in Fairfax County.
John T. Fee, Chairman
- Harold G. Belkowitz, Esq.
- Wesley P. Callender
- Denis Gulakowski
- Dirck A. Hargraves, Esq., Secretary
- Scott Hine
- Mehmood S. Kazmi
- Dennis Dean Kirk, Esq.
- Hung Q. Nguyen, Vice-Chairman
- Michael J. Roark
- Jacqueline G. Rosier
- Rod Woodruff
Third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Fairfax County
Government Center. Meetings are open to the public and time is
available for public comment.
To help protect Fairfax County consumers from illegal, fraudulent or
deceptive consumer practices in the marketplace.
To advise the Board of Supervisors on issues regarding consumer
affairs and cable communications.
To work with the Department of Cable and Consumer Services on
To hold hearings to approve applications for taxicab
County staff handles the day-to-day inquiries for information,
referrals, advice and mediation from citizens regarding consumer
- Staff is available to assist citizens Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Consumer Protection Commission FY 2015 Annual Report
- Taxicab Certificate Applications and Recommended Allocation (Nov 2013)