The Public Utilities Branch works to ensure that telephone, electric and natural gas services to Fairfax County citizens and government are fair and reasonable. If you have questions relating to the terms and conditions of your public utility service, contact the county’s Public Utilities Branch or call 703-222-8435, TTY 711.
The Public Utilities Branch ensures fair and reasonable utility services by:
- Representing the interest of the Board of Supervisors, county government, and county citizens on state and federal regulatory issues
- Advising the Board and county agencies on regulatory and legislative issues
- Briefing the Board and other governmental entities on energy related issues, including energy deregulation
- Presenting expert testimony before the State Corporation Commission, saving county citizens over $20 million
- Negotiating contracts and rates paid for electricity services to Fairfax County government, saving county government $12 million
- Negotiating contracts for electricity generated from renewable energy sources
- Analyzing and recommending the appropriate number of taxicabs in Fairfax County, and the rates for taxicab service
Utility and Cable Providers
Contact information for regulated public utilities and franchised cable service providers in Fairfax County.