Massage Therapist Permit
Massage therapists who wish to perform massage therapy in Fairfax County must first obtain a Massage Therapist Permit from the Department of Cable and Consumer Services, Regulation and Licensing Branch. Massage therapy permit requirements and regulations are found in Fairfax County Code Chapter 28.1.
All applicants must appear in person at 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 127, Fairfax VA 22035 to apply. Applications are accepted Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm.
The following are required by the Regulation and Licensing Branch to apply for a Massage Therapist permit:
- Application and Release of Personal Information form; signed and notarized. Notary services are provided during the application process at no charge to applicants.
- Valid, unexpired state-issued picture identification.
- Applicants who were born outside of the United States must provide valid, unexpired proof of employment authorization such as a Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization Card, or proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Applicants who live or have lived outside of Virginia in the past 12 months must provide a state background check from their state of residence (other than Virginia), normally available through state police.
- Valid, unexpired Virginia Board of Nursing massage therapist certificate.
- Payment of $65.00, payable to County of Fairfax by cash, check, money order or debit card. Credit cards are not accepted for payment of license fees.
Please review these requirements carefully. Failure to provide any of
the required informationwill delay issuance of a massage therapy
Questions? Contact us.