Trespass towing, or private property impound, occurs when a property owner or his agent requests a vehicle be removed because it is parked in violation of the parking policy of the property.
Fees and regulations related to trespass towing are found in Fairfax County Code Chapter 82-5-32.
Trespass tow operators are required to register with the Department of Cable and Consumer Services before engaging in trespass towing in Fairfax County.
Registered Tow Operators
These tow operators are registered to conduct trespass towing in Fairfax County. All vehicles towed by these operators must be stored at a storage site inside of Fairfax County only.
- A-1 Towing & Recovery
- Al's Towing & Storage, Inc.
- Battlefield Towing & Storage, Inc.
- Boulevard Towing and Storage
- Community Towing Service, LLC
- Dominion Towing, Inc.
- East Coast Towing & Storage, LLC
- Henry's Wrecker Service, LLC
- JDR Towing, Inc.
- King Towing
- Pete's Towing & Storage, LLC
- Redman Fleet Services, Inc.
These tow operators are registered to conduct trespass towing in Fairfax County. Vehicles towed by these operators may be towed to a storage site either inside or outside of Fairfax County.
- Advanced Towing Company
- East Coast Towing & Storage
- Henry’s Wrecker Service
Helpful links for consumers:
- Fairfax County Towing Code
- Virginia Code 46.2-1200 - Chapter 12 - Abandoned, Immobilized, Unattended and Trespassing Vehicles
Helpful links for tow operators:
If you believe that your car was towed in error, or that County regulations were not followed, you may have your matter investigated by Regulation and Licensing Branch by filing a formal complaint by filing out the consumer complaint form.
Questions? Contact us.