commissioners are appointed by the Board of Supervisors to three-year
terms: three commissioners represent tenants, three represent
landlords, and four represent the community-at-large.
Tony E. Gomez
Angelina M. Panettieri - Vice Chair
Evelyn J. McRae
Christopher L. Kocsis - Vice Chair
Karen M. Geier-Smith - Secretary
Michael B. McEnearney
The Tenant Landlord Commission meets the third Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center. Meetings are open to the public and time is available for public comment.
If you would like to attend a Tenant-Landlord Commission meeting, contact the Consumer Affairs Branch.
To give objective and fair assistance to the county’s tenants and
- To advise the Board of Supervisors of tenant-landlord problems and trends
- To educate the public concerning rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords
- To inform tenants and landlords of the mediation and arbitration services available through Consumers Affairs
- To recommend changes in tenant-landlord laws at all levels of government
- To represent Fairfax County before legislative, public and private bodies
- Arbitrate tenant-landlord complaints referred by the Consumer Affairs Branch
Available now for you to watch are two short Public Service Announcements (PSA) about renter's insurance brought to you by the Fairfax County Tenant-Landlord Commission: