Administration of Estates
- Administration of Estates - A booklet to assist the public by answering commonly asked questions about procedural matters involved in the probate and administration of a decedent's estate in the Fairfax Circuit Court.
- Probate Forms
- Commissioner of Accounts - The Commissioner's office has oversight of fiduciaries who qualify before the Court, including executors and administrators of estates, trustees of testamentary trusts, guardians of minors and conservators of incapacitated adults.
- Procedure for Filing an Exception - Exceptions to a fiduciary’s accounting and/or a Commissioner of Accounts’ report are filed in the Probate Division of the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office.
- A Guide to the Administration of Decedents' Estates in Virginia - A comprehensive guide to assist persons who are involved in the administration of a decedent's estate in Virginia, provided by the Virginia Bar Association.
- Procedure for Filing an Appeal of a Probate Clerk's Order - Appeals of a probate clerk's order are filed in the Probate Division of the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office.
- Fiduciary Fees
- Advance Health Care Directive Registry
In order to view PDF files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. To obtain a free copy, follow this link: