Summary of Changes to CSB Fee-Related Documents
Proposed Changes to CSB Fee Related Documents are posted for public review and comment. Written comments will be accepted until 5 p.m., October 28, 2015 and should be addressed to: Ad Hoc Fee Policy Committee, Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, 12011 Government Center Parkway, Suite 836, Fairfax, VA 22035-1105 or via email to email@example.com. Printed materials are available for review at the same address; if interested, please call 703-324-7000, TTY 711.
The CSB Board will review the Proposed Changes at its meeting on October 28, 2015. Changes to the Policy and the Regulation will become effective in November 2015. The changes to the Ability to Pay Scale and Fee Schedule will not become effective before February 1, 2016.
- Updates Appendix A referenced in Purpose with the 10/22/14 version of the Guidelines for Assigning Priority Access to CSB Services. The primary change is the inclusion of a fourth Special Priority Population – individuals requesting treatment for opioid drug abuse.
- Clarifies #7 to state that services shall not be refused to any individual solely on the basis of financial issues.
- Grammatical corrections to #8 and #9.
- Synchronizes the Ability to Pay Scale income levels with the Federal Poverty Levels published by the federal government every January.
- Adds new nominal fee for Interactive Complexity of services provided (paid by Medicare and Medicaid).
- Incorporates cost-based rate changes for Social Detoxification, Physical Exam, and Psychiatric Evaluation Services.
- Removes unused service fees where other service fees are applied instead (Addiction Medicine, Nursing Assessment).
- Adds privacy and use of protected health information section related to insurance verification.
- Clarifies liability for fees for individuals who are under 26 years of age or full-time students.
- Adds subsidy for individuals with out of state Medicaid plans.
- Defines several terms and provides examples.
- Changes the practice of setting the Ability to Pay Scale income levels to now coincide with Federal Poverty Levels published every January.
- Adds notification to individuals about services not covered by their insurance plans.
- Updates Medicaid terms
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.