Community Services Board Committees
In addition to meeting each month at its regular full Board meeting, the CSB Board also has several committees and workgroups that meet either monthly or bimonthly. (See the Board meeting schedule.) All CSB Board meetings are open to the public.
Behavioral Health Oversight Committee
- Usually meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 5 p.m.at the Merrifield Center; check this month's Board calendar for an updated schedule.
- Read the committee charter [Committee formerly known as Substance Use Disorders/Mental Health Committee Committee], adopted in January 2014.
- Members: Diane Tuininga, Chair; Gary Ambrose, Pam Barrett, Suzette Kern, Paul Luisada, Jeff Wisoff, Spencer Woods.
- Usually meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 5 p.m.at the Merrifield Center; check this month's Board calendar for an updated schedule.
- The Executive Committee drafts the agenda for the next full Board meeting and administers, subject to the authority and approval of the Board, the required and necessary business of the Board between regular meetings.
- Members: Gary Ambrose, Chair; Suzette Kern, Vice Chair; Jeffrey Wisoff, Secretary; Susan Beeman, Tisha Deegan, Lori Stillman, Rob Sweezy, Len Wales and Daryl Washington.
Fiscal Oversight Committee
- Usually meets on the third Friday of each month at 9 a.m.; check this month's Board calendar for an updated schedule.
The Fiscal Oversight Committee assists the Board in meeting its
fiduciary responsibilities as outlined in the Code
of Virginia, Section 37.2-504. The Committee's responsibilities
- Work closely with the Executive Director and senior financial staff to provide fiscal oversight and assist in ensuring accountability related to use of resources.
- Ensure adequate board understanding of the CSB's financial position and performance.
- Enhance understanding about board-level decisions regarding funding for programs, facilities and infrastructure.
- Develop guidelines and assumptions before budget planning begins.
- Recommend financial policies and procedures that support the CSB's mission, vision, values and strategic goals.
- Read the Fiscal Committee's Charter , adopted in September 2013.
- Members: Ken Garnes, Chair; Gary Ambrose, Kate Hanley, Suzette Kern, Lori Stillman, Jeff Wisoff.
Government & Community Relations Committee
- Meets as needed; check this month's Board calendar for an updated schedule.
- Members: Rob Sweezy, Chair, Jane Woods, Vice Chair; Pam Barrett, Kate Hanley, Kat Kehoe, Molly Long, Diane Tuininga.
Intellectual and Developmental Disability Committee
- Usually meets on the first Thursday of every other month at 5:30 p.m. at the Merrifield Center; check this month's Board calendar for an updated schedule.
- Read the Intellectual and Developmental Disability Committee Charter , adopted in September 2015
- Members: Lori Stillman, Chair; Kat Kehoe, Suzette Kern, Molly Long, Rob Sweezy, Jane Woods.
Ad Hoc Committees
Ad Hoc committees meet as needed; check this month's Board calendar for an
- Fee Committeee – Members: Ken Garnes, Paul Luisada, Jeff Wisoff
- Policy Review – Members: Gary Ambrose, Chair; Lori Stillman
- Strategic Planning – Members: Gary Ambrose, Suzette Kern
If you are interested in receiving montly notices about CSB meetings via email or regular mail, please contact the CSB by phone at 703-324-7000, TTY 711 or by email.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.