Community Services Board Events
- Multicultural Health Fair – Health screenings, nutritious snacks, and information about medical services will be available at the CSB BeWell Multicultural Health Fair on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at the Merrifield Center. Information also available in Spanish.
- Older Virginians’ Mental Health Month – Fairfax County is hosting three community presentations in September called “Caring for Mental Wellness: For You or Someone You Know.”
Together on the Pathway to Wellness: Achieving Your
Dreams – The Wellness and Recovery Committee sponsors this
day-long conference on Friday, October 21, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30
p.m. at the NVCC
Annandale Campus. Have you or someone you care about experienced
health and/or substance use challenges? Do you want to learn more about recovery and achieving your hopes and dreams? Then this event is for YOU! Explore how to: Stay healthy and feel good about yourself, build and grow good relationships, achieve your hopes and dreams – and have fun! Learn more about the conference, register online, or print a conference flier . Some scholarships are available. Call 703-324-9355 or email the conference coordinator with questions. Along with the Wellness and Recovery Committee, this conference is sponsored by the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, the Northern Virginia Mental Health Foundation, Inc., Pathway Homes, Inc. and PRS, Inc.
- REVIVE Training – REVIVE! is a program of the Commonwealth of Virginia that makes naloxone (Narcan®) available to lay rescuers so that they can be prepared for, recognize, and respond to an opioid overdose emergency. Naloxone is a medication that will reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Learn how to help reverse an opioid overdose: Register for a REVIVE training.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Courses – Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness as well as information and resources to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. This two-day, 8-hour class (12 hours for the Spanish version) is offered monthly by the CSB's Wellness and Health Promotion division and is open to the public. Learn more about Mental Health First Aid or register for a class.
- Good Neighbor Initiative
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans – A Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan you create for yourself to take control over your own wellness. Find out more about WRAP workshops, which consist of eight 2-hour wellness education classes.
- Tranquil Voices: Peer to Peer Support Group – Walk the road to recovery! Tranquil Voices is a peer-to-peer support group offered weekly at the CSB's Chantilly office. Find out more about Tranquil Voices.
- Family Support Group – A family support group is offered biweekly at the Gartlan Center in Mount Vernon.
Infant & Toddler Connection Events – Each month, the
CSB's Infant & Toddler Connection program hosts a variety of fun
events for families receiving ITC services. Check out the current events!
- CSB Board Meetings – See this month's CSB Board meeting schedule.
- CSB Awards – Learn more about the CSB's Awards Program. This year's awards ceremony was held on May 20, 2016 – read about this year's award recipients.