Community Services Board Events
- REVIVE Training – REVIVE! is a program of the Commonwealth of Virginia that makes naloxone (Narcan®) available to lay rescuers so that they can be prepared for, recognize, and respond to an opioid overdose emergency. Naloxone is a medication that will reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Learn how to help the community reverse an opioid overdose and save a life!
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Course – Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness as well as information and resources to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. This two-day, 8-hour class (12 hours for the Spanish version) is offered monthly by the CSB's Wellness and Health Promotion division and is open to the public. Learn more about Mental Health First Aid or register for a class.
- Good Neighbor Initiative
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans – A Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan you create for yourself to take control over your own wellness. Find out more about WRAP workshops, which consist of eight 2-hour wellness education classes.
- Tranquil Voices: Peer to Peer Support Group – Walk the road to recovery! Tranquil Voices is a peer-to-peer support group offered weekly at the CSB's Chantilly office. Find out more about Tranquil Voices.
Family Support Group – A family support group is
offered biweekly at the Gartlan Center in Mount Vernon.
- CSB Board Meetings – See this month's CSB Board meeting schedule.
- CSB Awards & Appreciation – Learn more about the CSB's Spirit of Excellence Award and learn about this year's winners, who were celebrated at a ceremony on May 21, 2015.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.