Community Services Board Events
- Project In-Sight – The seventh annual exhibit of art and poetry created by members of the Northwest Center community, including youth and adults receiving CSB services, family members, friends and staff by the Northwest Center Community and Friends will be held through August 31, 2015. Learn more about Project In-Sight.
- Together on the Pathway to Wellness: Investing in Yourself – Wellness and Recovery Committee sponsors this day-long conference on Friday, October 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. at the NVCC Annandale Campus. Have you or someone you care about experienced mental health and/or substance use concerns? Want to learn more about wellness and recovery? Then this event is for YOU! Explore how to: build and grow good relationships, stay healthy and feel good, and have fun! Learn more about the conference, register online, or print a conference flyer. Some scholarships are available. Call 703-324-9355 or email the conference coordinator with questions. Along with the Wellness and Recovery Committee, this conference is sponsored by the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board, the Northern Virginia Mental Health Foundation, Inc., Pathway Homes, Inc. and PRS, Inc.
- CSB Awards & Appreciation – Learn more about the CSB's Spirit of Excellence Award and learn about this year's winners, who were celebrated at a ceremony on May 21, 2015.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Course – Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness as well as information and resources to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. This two-day, 8-hour class (12 hours for the Spanish version) is offered monthly by the CSB's Wellness and Health Promotion division and is open to the public. Learn more about Mental Health First Aid or register for a class.
- Good Neighbor Initiative
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans – A Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan you create for yourself to take control over your own wellness. Find out more about WRAP workshops, which consist of eight 2-hour wellness education classes.
- Tranquil Voices: Peer to Peer Support Group – Walk the road to recovery! Tranquil Voices is a peer-to-peer support group offered weekly at the CSB's Chantilly office. Find out more about Tranquil Voices.
Family Support Group – A family support group is
offered biweekly at the Gartlan Center in Mount Vernon.
- CSB Board Meetings – See this month's CSB Board meeting schedule.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.