Events and Initiatives
- CSB Employee Awards and Appreciation Ceremony – The CSB Spirit of Excellence Award recognizes an outstanding CSB employee whose performance and actions promote, reinforce, or exemplify the CSB’s vision and mission. Please join us at our second annual CSB Employee Awards and Appreciation Ceremony on Thursday, May 23, 2013 to honor this year's Spirit of Excellence award winner, along with many Honors Awards winners.
- Operation Medicine Cabinet Cleanout is May 27 through June 1! – Help our community by monitoring and properly disposing of your unused or expired medications. Doing this prevents accidental poisoning or abuse by others, and protects the environment. From Monday, May 27 through Saturday, June 1, you can drop off unused medications at six local police stations – find out more about Operation Medicine Cabinet Cleanout!
- Project In-Sight – The sixth annual exhibit of art and poetry created by members of the Northwest Center community, including youth and adults receiving CSB services, family members, friends and staff by the Northwest Center Community and Friends will be held from June 1 through July 31, 2013. An open house is scheduled for Wednesday, June 19. Learn more about Project In-Sight or download the entry form.
Ongoing Events and Initiatives
- Good Neighbor Initiative
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Course – Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness as well as information and resources to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. This two-day, 12-hour class is offered monthly by the CSB's Wellness and Health Promotion division and is open to the public. Learn more about Mental Health First Aid or register for a class.
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans – A Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan you create for yourself to take control over your own wellness. Find out more about WRAP workshops, which consist of eight 2-hour wellness education classes.
- Tranquil Voices: Peer to Peer Support Group – Walk the road to recovery! Tranquil Voices is a peer-to-peer support group offered weekly at the CSB's Chantilly office. Find out more about Tranquil Voices.
Family Support Group – A family support group is
offered biweekly at the Gartlan Center in Mount Vernon.
- CSB Board Meetings – Visit our CSB Board meeting schedule.
In light of budget and staffing constraints, the CSB will no longer be coordinating its annual Tim Harmon Recovery Run 5K race. This popular event, held every June for the past 13 years, has raised over $185,000 to support research and efforts to prevent Hepatitis C, the disease that took the life of Tim Harmon, a much loved and respected member of the CSB staff. The CSB wishes to thank everyone who helped make this event such a great success!
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.