Community Services Board Events
- May 25 – Mental Health Month Conversation: Teen Resilience and Coping Strategies – Being a teen is tough. School, sports, social lives and social media – all can bring emotional challenges. Caring adults can help. With the right tools, adults can help teens foster positive relationships, develop resiliency in response to adversity, and increase their ability to cope. Join the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) and community partners for an honest conversation on strengthening connections within families and helping teens cope with adversity and emotional challenges. Panelists will include CSB clinical and wellness/prevention staff and experts from Fairfax County Public Schools, the Inova Kellar Center and PRS CrisisLink. Join us on Thursday, May 25, from 6 to 8 p.m. Merrifield Center Learn more about the event, get a printable flier or register to attend.
- Diversion First Stakeholders Meeting – Quarterly meeting of the Diversion First Stakeholders, Monday, July 17, 2017, from 7-9 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center. Email Melissa Osborne to be added to the stakeholders mailing list.
- REVIVE Training – REVIVE! is a program of the Commonwealth of Virginia that makes naloxone (Narcan®) available to lay rescuers so that they can be prepared for, recognize, and respond to an opioid overdose emergency. Naloxone is a medication that will reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Learn how to help reverse an opioid overdose: Register for a REVIVE training.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Courses – Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness as well as information and resources to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. This two-day, 8-hour class (12 hours for the Spanish version) is offered monthly by the CSB's Wellness, Health Promotion & Prevention division and is open to the public. Learn more about Mental Health First Aid or register for a class.
- Good Neighbor Initiative
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans – A Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan you create for yourself to take control over your own wellness. Find out more about WRAP workshops, which consist of eight 2-hour wellness education classes.
- Tranquil Voices: Peer to Peer Support Group – Walk the road to recovery! Tranquil Voices is a peer-to-peer support group offered weekly at the CSB's Chantilly office. Find out more about Tranquil Voices.
- Family Support Group – A family support group is offered biweekly at the Gartlan Center in Mount Vernon.
Infant & Toddler Connection Events – Each month, the
CSB's Infant & Toddler Connection program hosts a variety of fun
events for families receiving ITC services. Check out the current events!
- CSB Board Meetings – See this month's CSB Board meeting schedule.
- CSB Spirit of Excellence Awards – These CSB staff awards recognize outstanding individuals or teams of two or more outstanding individuals whose performance and actions promote, reinforce, or exemplify the CSB’s vision, mission and values. Nominations are accepted each January. Learn about the 2017 award recipients.