Community Services Board Events
- CSB Community Dialogues: Let’s talk! – The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) is taking a fresh look at how we determine who has priority eligibility and access to our non-emergency services. Would you like to be part of the conversation? Join us for one of our upcoming community dialogues. Sessions will be held on March 14 in Alexandria, and March 29 in Fairfax. Get the details about these sessions.
- Developmental Disabilities Inclusion Month Proclamation – Please join The Arc of Northern Virginia and the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board in celebration of the contributions that individuals with disabilities make to our community. On Tuesday, February 28, 2017, there will be a pre-proclamation reception in the Conference Center area of the Fairfax County Government Center, followed by the proclamation during the Board of Supervisors meeting in the Board Auditorium. Call 703-324-7000 (TTY 711) for reasonable accommodations.
- Diversion First Stakeholders Meeting – Quarterly meeting of the Diversion First Stakeholders, Tuesday, April 18, 2017 from 7-9 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center. Email Melissa Osborne to be added to the stakeholders mailing list.
- CSB Awards & Appreciation – Learn more about the CSB's Spirit of Excellence Awards. Ceremony to come later this spring.
- REVIVE Training – REVIVE! is a program of the Commonwealth of Virginia that makes naloxone (Narcan®) available to lay rescuers so that they can be prepared for, recognize, and respond to an opioid overdose emergency. Naloxone is a medication that will reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Learn how to help reverse an opioid overdose: Register for a REVIVE training.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Courses – Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness as well as information and resources to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. This two-day, 8-hour class (12 hours for the Spanish version) is offered monthly by the CSB's Wellness and Health Promotion division and is open to the public. Learn more about Mental Health First Aid or register for a class.
- Good Neighbor Initiative
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans – A Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan you create for yourself to take control over your own wellness. Find out more about WRAP workshops, which consist of eight 2-hour wellness education classes.
- Tranquil Voices: Peer to Peer Support Group – Walk the road to recovery! Tranquil Voices is a peer-to-peer support group offered weekly at the CSB's Chantilly office. Find out more about Tranquil Voices.
- Family Support Group – A family support group is offered biweekly at the Gartlan Center in Mount Vernon.
Infant & Toddler Connection Events – Each month, the
CSB's Infant & Toddler Connection program hosts a variety of fun
events for families receiving ITC services. Check out the current events!
- CSB Board Meetings – See this month's CSB Board meeting schedule.