Community Services Board Events
- CSB hosts info forum on launch of new opioid recovery program – A public information session for people who know someone who has opioid or heroin dependency will be held on Tuesday, January 17, from 7 – 9 p.m. at the Merrifield Center, 8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive in Fairfax. All are invited to come to a free, open session to learn about a new CSB opioid dependency treatment group that starts in early 2017. Resolve to help those you love start their journey to recovery in 2017. Learn more about the session.
- CSB Awards & Appreciation – Learn more about the CSB's Spirit of Excellence Awards. Nominations are due Jan. 31, 2017.
- Diversion First Stakeholders Meeting – Quarterly meeting of the Diversion First Stakeholders, Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017 from 7-9 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center, Conference Rooms 2/3. Email Melissa Osborne to be added to the stakeholders mailing list.
- REVIVE Training – REVIVE! is a program of the Commonwealth of Virginia that makes naloxone (Narcan®) available to lay rescuers so that they can be prepared for, recognize, and respond to an opioid overdose emergency. Naloxone is a medication that will reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Learn how to help reverse an opioid overdose: Register for a REVIVE training.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Courses – Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness as well as information and resources to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. This two-day, 8-hour class (12 hours for the Spanish version) is offered monthly by the CSB's Wellness and Health Promotion division and is open to the public. Learn more about Mental Health First Aid or register for a class.
- Good Neighbor Initiative
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans – A Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan you create for yourself to take control over your own wellness. Find out more about WRAP workshops, which consist of eight 2-hour wellness education classes.
- Tranquil Voices: Peer to Peer Support Group – Walk the road to recovery! Tranquil Voices is a peer-to-peer support group offered weekly at the CSB's Chantilly office. Find out more about Tranquil Voices.
- Family Support Group – A family support group is offered biweekly at the Gartlan Center in Mount Vernon.
Infant & Toddler Connection Events – Each month, the
CSB's Infant & Toddler Connection program hosts a variety of fun
events for families receiving ITC services. Check out the current events!
- CSB Board Meetings – See this month's CSB Board meeting schedule.