Community Services Board Events
- Diversion First Stakeholders Meeting – Quarterly meeting of the Diversion First Stakeholders, Tuesday, April 18, 2017 from 7-9 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center. Email Melissa Osborne to be added to the stakeholders mailing list.
- CSB Awards & Appreciation – Learn more about the 2017 CSB's Spirit of Excellence and Honors Awards. The staff celebration will be held on Thursday, April 27, 2017, at the Fairfax County Government Center, beginning with a reception at 9:30 a.m. in the Forum and continuing with the ceremony in the Board Auditorium at 10 a.m.
- Community Conversation on Youth Suicide Prevention – On Thursday, April 27 from 1:30 to 4 p.m.at the FCPS' Virginia Hills Center, the CSB and the NEXUS Committee of the Advisory Board to the CSB's Gartlan Center are holding a community conversation on youth suicide prevention. Learn more about this event or sign up online.
- Operation Medicine Cabinet Cleanout – Drop off unused or expired medications at a Fairfax County Police district station on Saturday, April 29 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Safe handling of unused or expired medications prevents accidental poisoning, protects the environment, and prevents drug abuse. Get the details.
- REVIVE Training – REVIVE! is a program of the Commonwealth of Virginia that makes naloxone (Narcan®) available to lay rescuers so that they can be prepared for, recognize, and respond to an opioid overdose emergency. Naloxone is a medication that will reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Learn how to help reverse an opioid overdose: Register for a REVIVE training.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification Courses – Learn risk factors and warning signs of mental illness as well as information and resources to help someone experiencing a mental health crisis. This two-day, 8-hour class (12 hours for the Spanish version) is offered monthly by the CSB's Wellness and Health Promotion division and is open to the public. Learn more about Mental Health First Aid or register for a class.
- Good Neighbor Initiative
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans – A Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a plan you create for yourself to take control over your own wellness. Find out more about WRAP workshops, which consist of eight 2-hour wellness education classes.
- Tranquil Voices: Peer to Peer Support Group – Walk the road to recovery! Tranquil Voices is a peer-to-peer support group offered weekly at the CSB's Chantilly office. Find out more about Tranquil Voices.
- Family Support Group – A family support group is offered biweekly at the Gartlan Center in Mount Vernon.
Infant & Toddler Connection Events – Each month, the
CSB's Infant & Toddler Connection program hosts a variety of fun
events for families receiving ITC services. Check out the current events!
- CSB Board Meetings – See this month's CSB Board meeting schedule.