2017 CSB Employee Awards and Appreciation Ceremony
The 2017 CSB Awards and Appreciation Ceremony was held on April 27 at the Fairfax County Government Center, beginning with a reception in the atrium followed by the awards ceremony in the Board Auditorium.
CSB Spirit of Excellence Awards
CSB Spirit of Excellence Awards recognize outstanding individuals or teams of two or more outstanding individuals whose performance and actions promote, reinforce, or exemplify the CSB vision, mission, and values in the areas of Customer Service, Good Samaritan, Innovation, Leadership, or Stewardship.
Congratulations to our 2017 CSB Spirit of Excellence Award recipients:
Customer Service: Camille McKenzie and Preetee Singhal
(Infant & Toddler Connection)
- Camille and Pretee have supported and maintained the ITC Assistive Technology Loan Closet for the past three years. They also created an "orthotic clinic," a multi-vendor workgroup, to support the assistive technology needs of families in the ITC program.
Customer Service: Intensive Case Management North Team
- Michael Britt, Gelila Habte, Cordelia Nieketien-tawari, Rebecca Peterson, Dr. Ricardo Rius, LuAnn Saner, Samuel W. Seium and Ben Wagner. The ICM-North Team partnered with nonprofit housing initiatives to diminish chronic homelessness and support individuals in their new housing arrangements. The Team’s dedication to customer service resulted in placing more than 75% of identified chronic homeless individuals and sustaining housing for 95% of those individuals.
Good Samaritan: Andrea Kyriazi (Behavioral Health and
- One of Andrea’s assignments is with the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) program. She removes barriers for her colleagues, generally Peer Specialists, by being accessible and offering valuable clinical guidance. She also trains new staff, helping to provide a sound foundation for WRAP services.
Innovation: Marla Zometsky (Employment Services)
- Marla, working in partnership with CSB staff and PRS, Inc., established Turning Point, a grant-funded program that provides services to teens and young adults who are experiencing their first episode of psychosis. Marla ensures that these services are developed using evidenced-based practices including implementation of a fidelity scale.
Leadership: Barbara Schade (Youth and Family - Intensive
- In a turbulent year of change, Barbara facilitated the placement of ten individuals from the Northern Virginia Training Center into community-based residential services provided by CSB partner Bellwether Behavioral Health, Inc. Barbara supported BBH by sharing her expertise on developmental disability and familiarity of the individuals served, to insure a smooth transition and the implementation of administrative and programmatic best practices.
Partnership: Community Residences, Inc. (George Mason In-Home
Support Team) in the area of Leadership
- Bernice Meanchop, Mantanette Miller, Yarabi Sowe, Lindsay Jones, and Kula Kamara. Community Residences, Inc. partnered with the CSB to use Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities demonstration vouchers to facilitate the move of three individuals from intermediate care facilities to more independent, community living. These individuals, with the assistance of the George Mason In-Home Support Team, developed great self-esteem and now volunteer their time by holding open house events at their apartment so family members of their peers still living in institutional settings can come and see how their lives have changed.
Stewardship: Nancy Horvatic (Crisis Care)
- In addition to her responsibilities as a mental health therapist at Crisis Care, Nancy is also the site manager. She monitors all aspects of the building’s physical plant and works with vendors to ensure materials and supplies are affordable and the site is appropriate for the services delivered.
CSB Honors Awards
CSB Honors Awards recognize individuals or teams of individuals for their exemplary performance in one or more of the following service areas: Customer Service, Good Samaritan, Innovation, Leadership, Partnershp and Stewardship. Congratulations to our 2017 CSB Honors Award recipients:
- Adult Partial Hospitalization Team: Miki Bakhtar, Triddy Bovet, Nichole Honeycutt, Shelagh Lacey, Brian Levine, Audrey Lipps, Dr. Minh-Chau Nguyen, Robin O. Smith, Francisco Soto-Castillo, Larry Pittman, Kathy Powell, Jackie Surrat (Medforce) and Xavier McKethan
- Detox Diversion Outreach Team: Edwin Acevedo, Herbert Jackson, Jason Kasper, Joseph Kosir, Christopher Leibowitz, Naeema Sandy and Darrell Williams
- Developmental Disability Support Coordination Transition Team: Sherry Hassel, Lynn Roos and Savina Williams
- Darcy Kipp Kim (Behavioral Health and Outpatient Services)
- Elmoctar Mahamadou (A New Beginning)
- Northwest Intensive Outpatient Team: Margie Boteler, Yusuf Enum, Jennifer Friend, Rachel Girardi, Eleni Halstead, Ana Jacome, Dana Johnson, Bob Kenney, Darcy Kipp Kim, Allyson Mosher, Gery Moyano, Gayle Nissen, Karen Roessler, Amar Singh, Bill Strobel, Ray Taylor, Tameka Tunsil and Nick Yacoub
- Sylvester Plater (Crisis Care)
- Women’s and Men’s Day Treatment Centers: Chela Clark, Brenda Davis, Bob Jones, Annie Le, Jacklyn McMillan, Michele Meloni, Nhat Nguyen, Bharati Patel, Joan Rockwell and LaVurne Williams
- Adelina Fuente (Infant & Toddler Connection)
- Kathryn Beitel and Pam Park (Infant & Toddler Connection)
Merrifield Center Crisis Support Team:
- CSB Emergency Services: Mary Beth Ault, Patricia Beatty, Steve Black, Scott Carter, Dr. Antoine Cornet, Stephanie Costanza, Jeanne Cowan, Lisa D’Alessio, Amanda Davis, Anna Davis, Dr. Yasir Elamin, Marisa Gentile, Rebecca Gleed, Dr. Arda Kasaci, James Kelly, Dr. Teresita Lega, Laura Maddock, Dr. Aditi Malik, Belinda Massaro, Brian McAleney, Xavier McKethan, Anisa Mustafa, Jen Newhard, Robin Olivo, Bibi Ortiz-Levine, Dr. Larry Pastor, David Perry, Mike Ricker, Nora Rowny, Cristina Russu, Dr. Aisha Sabir, Chelsea Sargent, Khadijah Shaw, Dr. Michael Sherer, Ariel Silber, Lawrence Smith, Dr. Phil Smith, Larry Spahr, Nichelle Staten, Dr. Alfred Sun, Dr. Anola Tanga, Chris Tull, Robert Wakeley, Lara Weaver, Tyrone White, Nettie Zappala and Jason Zodda
- Police Department: PFC Jim Milito, Lt. Ryan Morgan, PFC Marshall Thielen and PFC Tonya Trivett
- Sheriff’s Office: PFC Janelle Colie, PFC Terrell Collins, PFC John Embrey, PFC Lawrence George, PFC Jose D. Gonzalez, PFC Felix Guevarez, MDS Kenneth Krstulovic, PFC Thomas Kyle, Deputy Matthew Mazuroski, PFC Wheeler McLilly, Lt. Redic Morris, PFC Billy Orellana, PFC Timothy Pillon and PFC Michael Snow
- Jean Bartley (Youth and Family Services)
- Behavioral Health Outpatient Management Team: Eileen Bryceland, Bob MacMurdo, Francisco Soto-Castillo and LaVurne Williams
- Dorion Golback (Infant & Toddler Connection)
- Crystal Edmonds and Helen Watson (CSB PRS Team)
Congratulations to all the award recipients, and to the CSB Awards Team for their work putting together this wonderful recognition event!
Read about previous years' award recipients...
Spirit of Excellence Award recipients Camille McKenzie and Preetee Singhal (Infant & Toddler Connection) and CSB Executive Director Tisha Deeghan (center).
CSB Executive Director Tisha Deeghan (fourth from right) with Spirit of Excellence Award recipients the Intensive Case Management North Team: LuAnn Saner, Dr. Ricardo Rius, Gelila Habte, Cordelia Nieketien-tawari, Benjamin Wagner, Rebecca Peterson and Samuel Seium (not pictured is Michael Britt).
Spirit of Excellence Award recipient Marla Zometsky with CSB Executive Director Tisha Deeghan and PRS’ President/CEO Wendy Gradison.
Spirit of Excellence Award recipient Barbara Schade (Support Coordination Services) with CSB Executive Director Tisha Deeghan.
CSB Executive Director Tisha Deeghan (second from right) with Spirit of Excellence Award recipients Community Residences, Inc.’s George Mason In-Home Support Team, Bernice Meanchop, Yarabi Sowe and Mantanette Miller (not pictured: Lindsay Jones and Kula Kamara).
Spirit of Excellence Award recipient Nancy Horvatic (Crisis Care) with CSB Executive Director Tisha Deeghan.