Resources for Infant & Toddler Connection of Fairfax-Falls Church Families
- A national, nonprofit organization that informs, trains, and supports professionals, policymakers, and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers.
Tots 'n Tech (TnT)
- Provides up-to-date information and resources about adaptations, including assistive technology, to use with infants and toddlers.
- Informs families about the importance of high-quality early childhood education programs for young children.
- This is the state agency responsible for the statewide system of services for children ages zero to three. Their website includes information for families, physicians, and other professionals.
- The Family Involvement Project's purpose is to provide ongoing training and technical assistance to local councils, families and providers on strategies to enhance family involvement, as well as share families’ perspectives on service delivery strategies in Virginia’s early intervention system.
- This county agency provides a variety of services including pediatric care, hearing testing, immunizations, and speech and language services.
- This county agency provides assistance in locating child care centers and in-home providers. The website also has information about Head Start programs.
- Evaluates and provides services to eligible children ages 2-21 who live in Fairfax County and the City of Fairfax.
- Evaluates and provides services to eligible children with developmental delays ages 2-21 who live in the City of Falls Church. The main phone number is 703-248-5600. The Director of Special Education and Student Services phone number is 703-248-5630. TTY access through Virginia Relay, 711.
- Provides information and referral services and advocacy for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Provides parent resources, workshops, clinician lists, lending library and more. Some resources and staff available in Spanish.
- Helps families coordinate community and education resources with medical expertise to ensure that children with special healthcare needs can reach their maximum potential.
- Provides contact information and other service details about organizations dedicated to providing support and information to families of children with special healthcare needs, in the Metro DC area.