CSB Services - Assisted Community Residential Services
Assisted Community Residential Services provides:
- Directly-operated and contracted congregate and residential support services for persons with developmental disabilities.
- Contractual long-term care residential services for persons with developmental disabilities and/or serious mental illness.
For persons with developmental disabilities:
- Group homes
- Supervised apartments
- Drop-in sponsored living
- Respite care and emergency shelter
- Assisted living for persons with serious mental illness
- Individual long-term community-based residential placements
Most of these residential services are provided through CSB partnerships with approved private providers under contract management oversight provided by the CSB. The CSB and its partners endorse commonly held best practices and strive to be good neighbors in the community.
In Virginia, CSBs are the “local public entities” to provide support coordination for individuals admitted to or discharged from state training centers and for persons diagnosed with intellectual disability who receive community-based services.
To learn more about the intake process for persons with developmental (including intellectual) disability, call 703-324-4400, TTY 711 and ask to speak with an intake worker.