Leadership & Resiliency Program©™
This Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Model program has been replicated by dozens of localities across the USA and in Canada.
The Fairfax Leadership and Resiliency Program©™ (LRP) is an intensive substance use prevention program designed to serve adolescents currently enrolled in mainstream or alternative high school settings. The long range goals for program participants include reduced/eliminated substance use, high school graduation, reduced/eliminated juvenile delinquency, post high school employment or enrollment in college, increased resiliency in at least two life domains and attitudes that view substance use as undesirable and unhealthy. Intermediate objectives include reduced school behavioral incidents, increased attendance, increased grade point averages and increased school and community bonding.
LRP uses social psychology and behavioral interventions to address cognitive dissonance and to support the process of attitudinal formation. Adolescent participants serve as role models for elementary aged youth in a variety of settings, teaching the younger children about the harmful effects of substance abuse. LRP components and activities are developmentally appropriate and created specifically for the target population, and seek to reduce risk factors. A guiding tenet in the LRP is that youth who are taught to be successful in adolescence will continue to seek out a success-based orientation to life as an adult.
Interested in learning more about how you can start your own Leadership and Resiliency Program? See the links below.
About the Fairfax Leadership and Resiliency Program
- Program Overview – Learn more about the program goals and objectives, research/evaluation Design and Outcomes Achieved
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Logic Model – Lean more about the theory, strategies and outcomes of the Leadership and Resiliency Program
- Fidelity Checklist
- License Agreement – A sample of the three-year license to operate the Leadership and Resiliency Program
- Recognition and Citations
- Sample Budget for Replication – Use this as a guide to plan your budget
for Materials and Training – Get the cost details here
- Order Form – Place your order here to get started with the Leadership and Resiliency Program
- Program Presentation – April 12, 2010
For more info about this SAMHSA model program, visit SAMHSA's National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices.
Many links on this page require Adobe Acrobat Reader software. If you do not have this software installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.