For non-emergency CSB services: how to begin
If it's not an emergency situation, but you or someone you care about needs mental health or substance use disorder services, call our Entry & Referral Services during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at 703-383-8500, TTY 711. Staff can take calls in English and Spanish and can access other languages when needed.
Youth and adults can also come in person, without prior appointment, to Entry & Referral Services at the CSB's Merrifield Center Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to be screened for services. Youth walk-in evaluations are offered during these times and also until 7 p.m. on Tuesdays. [Learn what happens during an assessment.]
Not sure you need us? Take one of our quick, confidential online screenings, which are also available in Spanish.
Looking for services for a family member with developmental (including intellectual) disabilities? To learn more about the application process and to schedule an appointment please call 703-324-4400 (TTY 711) to contact an Intake Support Coordinator.
- Accessing CSB services in an emergency
- When it’s not an emergency – what to expect when you come for an assessment
- Eligibility for CSB services
- Types of CSB services
- More about the CSB
- Take a quick, confidential online mental health screening (also available in Spanish) – screenings also available for substance use and eating disorders
- Or give us a call at 703-383-8500, TTY 711.