CSB Services - Support Coordination
In Virginia, Community Services Boards are the “local public entities” that determine eligibility and provide for long-term "case management" services, also known as "support coordination." CSBs coordinate community-based supports for individuals diagnosed with developmental (including intellectual) disability and for individuals admitted to or discharged from state training centers and hospitals.
Support coordination services include:
- Intake and discharge planning.
- Eligibility determination for the new Home and Community Based Medicaid Waivers for Individuals with Developmental Disability. Eligibility determination and administration of the Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC Plus) Waiver (formerly the Elderly or Disabled with Consumer Direction (EDCD) Waiver) remains with the Fairfax County Health Department and is not a CSB responsibility. Learn more about the CCC Plus Waiver .]
- Collaborating with the individual and family to develop and facilitate an individualized plan of supports.
- Family, community, and crisis supports.
- Help with accessing publicly-funded and community-based services.
To learn more about the intake process for persons with developmental (including intellectual) disability, call 703-324-4400, TTY 711 and ask to speak with an intake worker.