CSB Services - Therapeutic Residential
Therapeutic residential programming includes a comprehensive range of services for adults in residential treatment settings, matched to the level and duration of care needed. Services include:
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Psychiatric services
- Medication management
- Case management
- Support services/independent living skills training.
Programs include long-term treatment, transitional group homes, and supervised apartment/town home programming. Integrated care is provided for people with co-occurring disorders (substance use and mental illness).
This service area includes the following programs:
- New Horizons – A highly intensive, long-term residential treatment program and community-based apartment program providing individualized treatment and support services for adults diagnosed with mental illness and a substance use disorder. This program focuses on recovery and community reintegration.
- Residential Intensive Care - Comprehensive – Non time-limited community-based intensive supportive housing program for persons with severe mental illness and some with co-occurring substance use disorder.
- Group homes – Small group home treatment programs and community-based apartment programs with co-occurring capability that provide a wide range of services to adults who have a serious mental illness, some of whom are being discharged from hospitals to the community. These programs provide a structured, supportive environment where those in need of assistance can make a transition to a more independent living situation.
To find out about these services, call CSB Entry and Referral Services (available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at 703-383-8500, TTY 711. Staff can take calls in English and Spanish and can access other languages when needed.