CSB Services - Therapeutic Residential
Therapeutic residential programming includes a comprehensive range of services for adults in residential treatment settings, matched to the level and duration of care needed. Services include:
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Psychiatric services
- Medication management
- Case management
- Support services/independent living skills training.
Programs include long-term treatment, transitional group homes, and supervised apartment/town home programming. Integrated care is provided for people with co-occurring disorders (substance use and mental illness).
This service area includes the following programs:
- Cornerstones – A highly intensive, long-term residential treatment program serving individuals with both a serious mental illness and a serious substance use disorder who require integrated and intensive treatment. A community-based apartment program is also available.
- New Horizons – A highly intensive, long-term residential treatment program and community-based apartment program providing individualized treatment and support services for adults diagnosed with mental illness and a substance use disorder. This program focuses on recovery and community reintegration.
- Residential Intensive Care - Comprehensive – Non time-limited community-based intensive supportive housing program for persons with severe mental illness and some with co-occurring substance use disorder.
- Group homes – Small group home treatment programs and community-based apartment programs with co-occurring capability that provide a wide range of services to adults who have a serious mental illness, some of whom are being discharged from hospitals to the community. These programs provide a structured, supportive environment where those in need of assistance can make a transition to a more independent living situation.
To find out about these services, call CSB Entry and Referral Services (available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.) at 703-383-8500, TTY 711. Staff can take calls in English and Spanish and can access other languages when needed.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems, Inc. download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems, Inc.