CSB Advanced Practice-Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Preceptorship Opportunities
Applicants must be licensed registered nurses in Master’s programs preparing them to certify as Clinical Nurse Specialists or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
Nurses in this preceptorship work a minimum of 8 hours per week, with most interns needing to provide 12-16 hours per week to meet internship criteria.
- Become a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team
- Complete intake assessments
- Develop treatment plans
- Provide targeted case management and counseling services
- Collaborate with mental health programs in the community
- Use Nursing Process and Evidence-Based practice strategies and incorporate measurement of outcome benefits.
- Contact VIVA Program Manager Cynthia Miller to have an application emailed to you.
- The Viva Program Manager and other clinical staff will screen applications and contact potential applicants to set up an interview. There may be more than one interview for a placement.
- After the interview at the site, the prospective supervisor will let the VIVA Program Manager know if they approve the student.
- Once a student is accepted for a placement, he/she will meet with VIVA Program staff to complete application and background check paperwork. References, background checks and other clearance processes must be completed before an applicant can be accepted into the CSB.