Calendar of Events
Employees Disability Awareness and
Fairfax Area Disability Services Board Meetings
- The Fairfax Area Disability Services Board (FA-DSB) holds a public meeting on the second Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m.
- Meetings are held at the Fairfax County Government Center in Conference Rooms 2/3. Each meeting begins with a public comment period.
For reasonable accommodations, please contact 703-324-5868, TTY
- Additional FA-DSB Information
- Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind’s Bridge to Work Program
- Fairfax County Disability Mentoring Day
- 2010 Martha Glennan Employer of the Year Award
- Fairfax Area Disability Services Board Meetings
Fairfax County Government will host students and job seekers with disabilities in a county program that orients job seekers to careers in government and teaches job-searching skills on October 20, 2010.
The program was sponsored by the Fairfax Area Disability Services Board and the Department of Family Services’ Disability Services Planning and Development program.
Disability Mentoring Day is a national program held annually on the third Wednesday of October. Sponsored nationally by the American Association of People with Disabilities, the program began in 1999 to bring greater awareness and national attention to employment opportunities for people with disabilities. This year, over 20,000 students and jobseekers with disabilities across the country, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and in 24 countries are participating.
- PRESS RELEASE - Fairfax County Hosts Disability Mentoring Day - October 20
See interviews from Disability Mentoring Day on
The Fairfax Area Disability Services Board hosted the 2010
Martha Glennan Employer of the Year Awards Reception and Ceremony
on October 26, 2010 at the Fairfax County Government Center.
The awards ceremony honored Best Buy and the Companion Animal Clinic for showing a commitment to the hiring, promoting, and retaining of people with disabilities in their workforce.
Present & Past Winners
Companion Animal Clinic
East Coast Rehab
|2007||New Editions Consulting|
|2006||Baker Botts LLP|
|2005||Booz Allen Hamilton|
To nominate a business for the 2011 award, please contact Jill Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-324-5874 (voice), TTY 711.