Women's Voices Forum on March 4
Feb. 26, 2009
The public is invited to participate in a unique opportunity to influence and interact with elected and appointed public officials who determine policy on issues important to women at the Fairfax County Commission for Women 2009 Women's Voices Forum on Wednesday, March 4, from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the Government Center Board Auditorium (12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035).
A distinguished panel of community leaders, along with women and girls of Fairfax County, will lead an intergenerational conversation that addresses emerging issues that affect women and girls in the community. Issues to be discussed include diversity, economics, education, environment, healthcare, public policy, public safety, and values.
Invited panelists include:
- The Honorable Catherine Hudgins, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Hunter Mill District and moderator for the event.
- The Honorable Penelope A. Gross, Vice Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Mason District.
- Dr. Ludy Green, Washingtonian of the Year 2007 and President of Second Chances, Inc.
- Dr. Irene Natividad, President of Global Summit of Women and Corporate Women Directors International.
- The Honorable Margaret Vanderhye, Virginia Delegate from the 34th District.
- Dr. Belle Wheelan, President of the Commission on Colleges – SACS and former Virginia Secretary of Education.
- Lavern Chatman Jackson, President and CEO of the Northern Virginia Urban League.
- Virginia Gubernatorial Candidates.
This is a free event, however registration is encouraged by going online to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ofw/events/2009-womens-voices-forum.htm, or by calling 703-324-5730; TTY 703-324-5706. Breakfast will be provided.
Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all county programs services and activities. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request.