Fairfax 50+ 2013 Forums - Ideas and Comments
The 2013 Fairfax 50+ Community Forums were focused on community involvement in continuing Fairfax County’s progress toward an aging-friendly community. The goals of the forums were:
- to encourage ideas that would provide more opportunities for older adults to have meaningful engagement in the community, contributing their talents, skills and their positive contributions to the local economy;
- to seek ideas for improving or maintaining the health and safety of the older population;
- find creative ideas for increasing the availability and accessibility of transportation services, and coordinating the public and private services that are currently available;
- seek ideas for enhancing, supporting, increasing older adult services in the community through individual, neighborhood, organizational, and business initiatives in partnership with the county, supported by the county, or wholly on their own;
- seek ideas to improve available housing and increase the supply of housing that will provide people the opportunity to stay in their community of choice as long as they wish.
The publicly advertised forums were held across the county from
June-August 2013. Each county district was represented and all
supervisors participated in the forums or sent staff to represent
them. Several forums were held with translators for non-English
speaking participants. Some were held with non-English speaking
residents in cooperation with Korean, Vietnamese, Farsi, Latino and
Arabic community groups.
Specific Comments From Each of the Forums
- April 7: Vietnamese-American Forum
- June 3: Chantilly Regional Library Forum
- June 5: West Springfield Governmental Center Forum
- June 7: Korean Senior Center Forum
- June 9: South County Center Forum
- July 13: St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church Forum
- June 20: Pimmit Hills Senior Center Forum
June 24: Luther Jackson Middle School Forum
- June 26: McLean Community Center Forum
- June 26: Bailey's Senior Center Forum
- July 10: Herndon Senior Center Forum
- July 11: Ravensworth Baptist Church Forum
- July 19: Greenspring Village Forum
- August 16: ADAMS Center Forum
- E-registration Community Input
- Telephone & Email Community Input
To view Adobe PDF files, Adobe Reader must be installed on your computer or mobile device.
- Download a free copy of Adobe Reader now on your computer.
- Download a free copy of Adobe Reader now on your iPhone or iPad.
Go to Fairfax County's Older Adults Page to find services, recreational activities and community engagement opportunities for older adults.