Office for Women & Domestic and Sexual Violence Services
Encouraging responsibility, healthy choices, and hope.
Violence in the home causes each family member to experience stress, pain, and isolation.
Men, women, and children are all affected when communication breaks down and anger becomes abusive.
If violent or abusive behavior is a problem for you or your family, you can get understanding, support and help. These programs are open to any resident of Fairfax county and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church.
Service providers are sensitive to issues of age, gender, race, disability, religious/ethnic background, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
Fairfax County Artemis House
Artemis House offers a safe, confidential location and supportive counseling to individuals and their children who are fleeing family violence situations.
Free services for shelter residents include:
- Professional counseling services.
- Children’s programs.
- Advocacy and linkages to resources for legal help, employment, housing, medical, child care and other needs.
- Court accompaniment for residents.
- Private accommodations for each family.
- Community education.
- Emergency transportation.
- Safe and supportive atmosphere.
703-435-4940; TTY 703-435-1235
Anger & Domestic Abuse Prevention and Treatment
ADAPT offers domestic abuse intervention to men and women who have been physically, verbally or emotionally abusive; serves both court-referred and voluntary participants.
- A compassionate approach to family abuse prevention.
- Individual screening and evaluation.
- Intervention groups to learn safe ways of regulating hurt feelings.
- Referrals and linkages to other service providers.
There is a charge for intake and group sessions.
24 Hours: 703-471-6096;
TTY 703-968-4050 (Message)
Fairfax County Police Department
Magistrates – Issue emergency protective orders
Mental Health Sites
Emergency Services: 703-573-5679; TTY 703-207-7737
Appointments/Entry: 703-481-4230; TTY 703-866-2147
Child Protective Services: 703-324-7400; TTY 703-222-9452
Adult Protective Services: 703-324-7450; TTY 703-449-1186
Coordinated Services Planning
Information and referral to human services resources in the community.
703-222-0880, TTY 703-802-7914