Welcome to the Fairfax County Supplier Diversity Page!
What is Supplier Diversity?
Supplier diversity is the proactive business process of sourcing products and services from diverse business owners. These processes promote the inclusion of diverse suppliers into the supply chain to develop new sources of supply for all types of products and services. It is a key business strategy and a sustainable process. Fairfax County undertakes every effort to include Small, Women Owned, Minority Owned and Sevice-Disabled Owned vendors in the procurement process.
- B2B Connect – eVA (Virginia’s electronic procurement system) has launched a new online feature to make it easier for businesses to find partners and establish relationships when competing for government contracts. Whether it’s a large business looking for subcontracting partners, a small business looking to fulfill a specific portion of a large project, or even several small businesses partnering together, B2B Connect creates an online space for businesses to meet, connect, and collaborate. For more information on B2B Connect or eVA, visit www.eva.virginia.gov.
Resources and Programs
- Vendor Internet Portal – All vendors are required to register in order conduct eBusiness with Fairfax County
- eVA – Virginia’s eProcurement system – all vendors should be registered prior to doing business with Fairfax County
- Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity – State program providing SWaM certification (Fairfax County does not provide SWaM certification, but accepts and encourages SWaM businesses)
- Small Business Resources – This guide walks an entrepreneur through the four phases of business with the resources for each unique step
- Selling to Fairfax County Workshop – A free monthly workshop for local businesses
- Vendor Forum – Fairfax County’s annual small business conference and reverse vendor tradeshow
- Tradeshows and Events – Representing Fairfax County at regional events and tradeshows
- Reporting – Tracking and benchmarking the utilization of SWaM businesses in Fairfax County procurement
- Sourcing Strategy – Assisting procurement professionals with SWaM sourcing
Department of Purchasing and Supply Management
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, Virginia 22035
To contact us: