Newington DVS Maintenance Facility
Announcements and Information
Newington Department of Vehicle Services (DVS) Maintenance Facility
- The project was included in the 2006 Public School Bond Referendum and was approved by voters in November 2006.
- The existing Newington DVS Maintenance Facility located at 6900 Newington Road in Lorton will be replaced by the construction of a new and larger facility on the same site. The new facility will be approximately 91,100 square feet and will consolidate majors operations that are currently spread in four separate buildings, into a single, well planned building with energy efficient building systems and up-to-date technology to meet current program needs. The project is designed to achieve a LEED Silver Certification with environmentally friendly features that include rain gardens, vegetated (green) roof, and cisterns to capture rain water for reuse. In addition, approximately 1.7 acres of the site will be dedicated for conservation easements. Off-site improvements include frontage improvements along Newington Road and realignment of Cinder Bed Road and Newington Road Intersection.
- Construction of this project is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2010 with completion date in the fall of 2012.
If you have questions, comments or require more information about this project, you can contact us in one of the following ways:
- By mail to the Fairfax County Department of Public Works and Environmental Services, Planning and Design Division, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 449, Fairfax, VA 22035, Attention: Newington DVS Maintenance Facility.
- Send your comments by e-mail.
- By phone at the Planning and Design Division, 703-324-5800, TTY 711.
Fairfax County ensures nondiscrimination on the basis of disability and equal employment in all county programs, services and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Fairfax County Department of Public Works and Environmental Services, Planning and Design Division, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 449, Fairfax, Virginia 22035, or 703-324-5800, TTY 711.
Newington DVS Maintenance Facility Images