Places of Worship and Non-profit Organizations
To assist in the development process, Fairfax County provides an ombudsman for places of worship and non-profit organizations. The ombudsman's responsibilities include:
- Partners with key staff members from county-wide development agencies.
- Works with organizations expanding or relocating facilities.
- Provides insight and assistance through the various phases of the process.
- Instructs organizations on various aspects of the development process.
- Provides solutions to development process challenges.
Religious institutions and community groups are invited to discuss their development plans with the ombudsman and other county representatives in a Pre-Application Meeting. Contact the ombudsman at 703-324-1720, TTY 711 for more information. You can also request a Pre-Application Meeting online.