Phase 3 - Building Permits and Inspections
A building permit is required for the following:
- New construction of residential and commercial buildings and structures.
- Enlargement of all buildings and structures, such as an addition of a garage or carport.
- Interior and exterior alteration of all buildings and structures. This includes remodeling and repartitioning of an office for a new tenant, and finishing a basement in a house.
- Demolition or removal of buildings and structures.
- A change in the use of a building or structure. The requirements of the building code vary by the use of the building; therefore, a change in the use may necessitate structural modifications.
All permits require inspections during construction.
- View a chart of the Building Permits and Inspections process.
- Learn more about Building Permits and Inspections.
- Learn more about when a permit is required.