FAQs: Records - Plans and Plats

How can I get a copy of my residential construction plans?

For a single-family houses, telephone 703-324-1775, TTY 711, and for a townhome, telephone 703-222-0114, TTY 711. Please note: records for residential construction are kept for three years past the date of final inspection.  Plans older than three years have been destroyed and are not available.

If plans are available, some fees for research time and copying may be assessed depending on the complexity of the request.

Where can I get a copy of my house location plat?

If you do not have a copy of your house location plat, review your residential loan closing documents to see if one is included there. You may also obtain a copy by calling the Zoning Permit Review Branch at 703-222-1082, TTY 711 or by visiting their office on the 2nd Floor of the Herrity Building; please note: not all plats are available. If the county does not have a copy of your house location plat, contact the lending institution from which the mortgage was obtained.



Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2015

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version