2015 Residential Recycling Events
March 11, 2015
For Immediate Release
Dates Announced for 2015 Residential Recycling Events
Fairfax County residents are invited to shred sensitive documents and dispose of household hazardous waste at monthly recycling events scheduled throughout the county. Shredding events run from 8 a.m. to noon. Household hazardous waste disposal events run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
These recycling events are provided by the Solid Waste Management program of Fairfax County’s Department of Public Works and Environmental Services as a public service to county residents. Materials from the business community will not be accepted.
Secure Document Shredding Events
Residents are asked to only bring paper documents of a sensitive nature to be destroyed at shredding events. For more information, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/recycling/shredding.htm.
- March 21 – Mason Government Center. 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale
- April 25 – North County Human Services Center. 1850 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston
- May 16 – South County Government Center. 8350 Richmond Hwy., Alexandria
- June 20 – Cooper Middle School. 977 Balls Hill Rd., McLean
- July 18 – Oakton High School. 2900 Sutton Rd., Vienna
- August 15 – Mount Vernon High School. 8515 Mt. Vernon Rd., Alexandria
- September 19 – Springfield Government Center. 6140 Rolling Rd., Springfield
- October 17 – Sully District Government Center. 4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly
- October 24 – Braddock Government Center. 9002 Burke Lake Rd., Burke
Household Hazardous Waste Events
Items accepted at household hazardous waste disposal events include acids, aerosol sprays, batteries (rechargeable), brake fluid, cooking oil, sealers and floor care products, fluorescent lamps (unbroken), fungicides, gasoline, glue, herbicides, inks and dyes, insecticides, mercury products, and mothballs. For more information, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/trash/disphhw.htm.
- March 28 – South County Government Center. 8350 Richmond Hwy., Alexandria
- April 25 – Reston South Park and Ride. Lawyers Rd. and Fox Mill Rd., Reston
- May 16 – Mason Government Center. 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale.
- September 12 – McLean Community Center. 1234 Ingleside Ave., McLean
Electronics recycling is available every day (not just Sundays anymore) at the I-66 Transfer Station and at the I-95 Landfill Complex. For more information, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/recycling/electric-sunday.htm. Household hazardous waste is accepted every day of the week at both locations. Locations and hours are available at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/recycling.
For more information about residential recycling events, call 703-324-5230, TTY 711.
Contact: Matthew Kaiser, Public Information Officer
Department of Public Works and Environmental Services