Know Toxics Training - Improve Safety and Reduce Liability
April 18, 2016
For Immediate Release
Know Toxics Training: Improve Safety and Reduce Liability - June 7
Northern Virginia businesses and property managers can learn how to reduce company liability and improve safety at the "Know Toxics" training sponsored by Virginia Waste Management Board of the Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC) on Tuesday, June 7, in Manassas, Va. The training will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 8500 Public Works Drive.
Attendees will learn how to manage common materials used at businesses and commercial properties that become hazardous waste when disposed of including: fluorescent light bulbs, batteries, thermostats, and used electronics. This training will help your staff reduce risk of injury and environmental liability. Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify, handle, dispose, transport, and manage materials safely
- Interpret the law to ensure that your company complies with environmental requirements
- Use best management practices to prevent contamination releases
- Select a vendor to provide recycling/disposal services
- A free, optional presentation about managing waste petroleum oils versus used cooking oils is also provided
The Fairfax County Solid Waste Management Program encourages Fairfax County businesses, schools, churches and other property and facility managers to attend. This training is open to all in the Northern Virginia area who want to gain a better understanding of how to properly manage hazardous waste and used electronics. The cost is $95 per person and includes lunch and refreshments. Three or more registrations are discounted to $90 per person.
Download the flyer.
Contact: Matthew Kaiser, Public Information Officer
Department of Public Works and Environmental Services
703-324-8455 TTY 711