Public Facilities Manual and Code Amendments
Listed below are the proposed and recently adopted amendments to the Public Facilities Manual and the County Code.
Email Subscription Service: You can receive e-mail updates about proposed and recently adopted PFM amendments by subscribing to the Letters to Industry email list.
There are none scheduled at this time.
Written comments may be forwarded to: Fairfax County Department of
Public Works and Environmental Services, Site Code Research and
Development Branch, 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 608, Fairfax
VA 22035-5503, or via email.
Persons wishing to speak at the public hearings on these topics may
call the Office of the Clerk to the Planning Commission,
703-324-2865, TTY 703-324-7951, and the Office of the Clerk to
the Board of Supervisors, 703-324-3151, TTY 703-324-3903, to be
placed on the respective speaker's list, or you may appear at a public
hearing and be heard.
Sign up for the speaker's list online: Planning Commission | Board of Supervisors
- Amendments to the County Code Re: Reorganization of the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services to Create a New Department of Land Development Services and Assign Administration of Chapters of the Code to the New Director and Administration of Chapter 119 of the County Code to the Director of the Department of Code Compliance. – The amendments to Chapters 1, 2, 4, 30, 61, 63, 68.1, 71, 101, 103, 104, 107, 112, 117, 118, 119, 122, and 124, and Appendices A and Q of the County Code are necessary to implement the reorganization.
- July 12, 2017, at 12:01 a.m.
- Staff Report
- Chapter 1 (General Provisions)
- Chapter 2 (Property Under County Control)
- Chapter 4 (Taxation and Finance)
- Chapter 30 (Minimum Private School and Child Care Facility Standards)
- Chapter 61 (Building Provisions)
- Chapter 63 (Excavation and Utility Line Installation)
- Chapter 68.1 (Individual Sewage Disposal Facilities)
- Chapter 71 (Expedited Building Plan Review)
- Chapter 101 (Subdivision Provisions)
- Chapter 102 (Streets and Sidewalks)
- Chapter 103 (Air Pollution Control)
- Chapter 104 (Erosion and Sedimentation Control)
- Chapter 107 (Problem Soils)
- Chapter 112 (Zoning Ordinance)
- Chapter 117 (Expedited Land Development Review)
- Chapter 118 (Chesapeake Bay Preservation Ordinance)
- Chapter 119 (Grass or Lawn Area)
- Chapter 122 (Tree Conservation Ordinance)
- Chapter 124 (Stormwater Management Ordinance)
- Appendix A (Flood Plains)
- Appendix Q (Land Development Services Fee Schedule)
Amendment to the Public Facilities Manual Related to Expansive
Soils & Slope Stability: The amendment updates Chapter 4
(Geotechnical Guidelines) to standardize the best practices used by
experienced professional engineers to deal effectively with expansive
soil and slope stability concerns.
- Nov. 2, 2016
Please note: Written signatures may have been redacted from the online versions of documents for protection against unlawful duplication.
For more information, contact Site Code Research and Development
Branch at 703-324-1780, TTY 711, or via email.