Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Building Permit Requirements
- You must obtain building permits for your project.
- Building plans are required and must be designed under the current building code.
- A site-related plan may be required to show the impact of your construction on your property.
- Your project must be inspected to ensure the construction is in accordance with the code and the approved plans.
- Proper Discharge of Swimming Pool Water
For more information, follow the link above, go to our FAQs, email us or call the Permit Application Center at 703-222-0801, TTY 711. If you are looking for information on your commercial pool, visit our Operating Community Pools page.