Employee Recycling

Are mixed paper and cardboard collected separately where you work?

man at computerIf not, they should be. All nonresidential properties (i.e., businesses, schools, institutions), regardless of their size, are required to recycle these materials.

Other recycling requirements may also apply. It is the responsibility of your property owner or manager to make a determination.  To do so, they must answer these questions:

  • Does this single location, complex or institution produce more than 100 tons of solid waste annually?
  • Does this property have an average annual occupancy of 200 persons or more?

If the answer to either of these questions is 'yes,' then your property owner or management firm must also provide for the recycling of one principal recyclable material. (If county staff determines that the principal recyclable material is cardboard and/or paper, no additional recycling is required.)

Other Ideas:

More Resources:

If you want to learn more or to ask questions about how to recycle at your place of work, you may contact us via email or by calling 703-324-5230, TTY 711.

Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2015

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version